New P3 World Record 8.065 miles

I think the FPVLR V2 is superior then the DBS kit. I think the beamwidth and signal strength is greater on the V2. I had full signal at 8 miles.To me there is no better controller mounted antenna then the FPVLR V2. I haven't used my boosted DBS since I got the V2 I love it.
Congrats on great flight ! Can you give more details on your extra batteries pls ?
How come flytrex shows it as a 7.5 mile flight though ?

Do you think you can go farther in GPS mode than in ATTI mode ?

I think the FPVLR V2 is superior then the DBS kit. I think the beamwidth and signal strength is greater on the V2. I had full signal at 8 miles.To me there is no better controller mounted antenna then the FPVLR V2. I haven't used my boosted DBS since I got the V2 I love it.

Cool, Thanks for the reply, just wondering if you can still mount a phone with the kit itself, and also will try to contact them about the shipping, because maybe this things will get block by customs in my Country thanks.

Congrats on great flight ! Can you give more details on your extra batteries pls ?
How come flytrex shows it as a 7.5 mile flight though ?

Do you think you can go farther in GPS mode than in ATTI mode ?
Thats not the same flight when I load it to flytrex it claims its only 7.4 miles the last 6 tenths don't show up maybe cause I was flying under 150 ft I dont know I will gladly post my dji flight log if there are any doubts. Its legit I'm going to speak to I Amit from Flytrex and see if there is anything he can do.

Reactions: markcj
IMG_0230.JPG

Reactions: Fanti
Thanks for sharing what is possible! Incredible results! Really needs the battery mod to support it properly. After seeing all the extra hardware added to the RC (the boosters and the booster batteries, in addition to the new antennas and the platform everything mounts to) and knowing it will never fit in any existing case of mine, I'm still a fan because you can't lose the investment, unlike the P3P, except for the battery mod on the P3P. However, for now, I think I'll stick to Windsurfers and stock batteries, while enviously drooling over your rig!:cool:

Thanks for sharing what is possible! Incredible results! Really needs the battery mod to support it properly. After seeing all the extra hardware added to the RC (the boosters and the booster batteries, in addition to the new antennas and the platform everything mounts to) and knowing it will never fit in any existing case of mine, I'm still a fan because you can't lose the investment, unlike the P3P, except for the battery mod on the P3P. However, for now, I think I'll stick to Windsurfers and stock batteries, while enviously drooling over your rig!:cool:
Thanks man I wasn't sure about posting my logs I thought I would catch more heat from people that don't like long distance flying.

Thanks man I wasn't sure about posting my logs I thought I would catch more heat from people that don't like long distance flying.
Don't pay them any heed. They don't speak for me, nor many others, but they sure are vocal and opinionated! Just ignore them, and know that we are all jealous! :D

Reactions: Juhead
42,583 ft. and back a total of 85,745 ft. with the FPVLR V2 boosted and a battery mod by FPV Customs.
Um, that's MacDill Air Force Base to the left and the flight path was within the outskirts of its 5 mile no fly zone, or at least the previous flight over the same path was closer to an active military runway. Yay! You didn't get caught. Oh, YOU didn't make this flight, you just posted it from someone else, right? I've seen this on other forums and everyone says they didn't make the flight, someone else did. Great! So while the rest of us get screwed by the government for being honest, forthright (re: boyscouts) someone like this flies BVLOS, bad boy, tough guy, and shows it off like a trophy... oneupmanship as it were. For guys like this, if it wasn't a drone trophy like this, he'd be the guy mugging in a photo of a bull elephant he just shot. Thanks! This helps us all! Gotta go out the outside of the envelope, be a "pioneer", screw the FAA, and all that rot. Yep, I'm a killjoy, I'm "up to here" with people making this hobby and business **** near impossible for us to survive.

Reactions: STAF and PilotHarry
Glad nothing happen but if it did like bring down a real aircraft then we would not be hearing you brag, it would be about how you killed some people! Please don't do any more out of sight flying. Go to a AMA sanctioned field

Glad nothing happen but if it did like bring down a real aircraft then we would not be hearing you brag, it would be about how you killed some people! Please don't do any more out of sight flying. Go to a AMA sanctioned field
I was outside the no fly zone the whole flight

I was outside the no fly zone the whole flight
You guys will give me slack no matter where I fly. But if it makes you feel better I'm no longer flying there anymore I don't like the fact at the end of the flight I'm over residential I'm going to start flying at the beach. If you got a better area for me to fly in the Tampa Bay area I'm all ears

Don't need the video clips, ask for *.txt flight file. This file including this trip contains. To me, a fake "WR".

Great information! Alternatively, to discharge to 8%, after reaching 20% and removing the battery to let it cool, when you reinsert it, you could just use the battery to review the mini SD card images, or even transfer them to your iPad. Might take a little longer, but you can leave the props on. I have never removed my props in over 150 flights. No reason to start now!:cool: You could also just let it idle with props on outside.

I think I will try your method when the time comes. So if you reinsert the battery and start the motors and let it idle, the bird doesn't not want to take off on its own?

I think I will try your method when the time comes. So if you reinsert the battery and start the motors and let it idle, the bird doesn't not want to take off on its own?
Not unless you touch the sticks. Don't use the onscreen take off slider. Just use the CSC to activate the motors into idle to get to 8%. Full down on left stick for 3 seconds to turn off (CSC apparently doesn't shut it off anymore on the ground, but it will try and tip it!), if you need to before 10% is reached.

Correction: You can only idle the motors to 10% before they shut off, because you are already on the ground. Just wait for the extra 2% (to get down to 8%) with the battery still on.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowghost

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.