New P3 standard won't connect to android

Reaction score
i just bought my drone and I can't get it to connect to my phone. I try to connect to the wifi and it always tells me there is an authentication problem. I can't seem to get past this step. The dji go app also says I should be able to get to camera mode from the hardware menu and it doesn't look like I can there are no icons for camera mode. I'm kinda disappointed that this drone came with so little instructions and no troubleshooting guides whatsoever. Hoping you guys can help me out!

Did you try following the steps in the included quick start guide? Does your mobile device show it's connected to your Phantom's Wi-Fi?

FYI, you can download the Phantom manual here.

I've followed the QuickStart quide. My problem is that I can't connect to the phantoms wifi. I enter the password it connects for a minute - 30 seconds then displays an "authentication error"

I've followed the QuickStart quide. My problem is that I can't connect to the phantoms wifi. I enter the password it connects for a minute - 30 seconds then displays an "authentication error"

Try restarting everything, including phone. Put phone in airplane mode, then turn wifi on and connect.

Did you try a different device -- to rule out a possible issue with the device itself?

Is it possible that registration is required first?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk
Yes, that would be my first guess.

Still no luck
Welcome to the forum!
Did you get it?

Registration part is usually very frustrating procedure, you have to unhook your WiFi from the Phantom, to your local WiFi to register with DJI ("authentication error"). Then back to the Phantom when Registration is complete.

msingers Help Site
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj