New P3 Standard initial power up issues

Reaction score
Got my P3 Standard and after charging the batteries powered it up for the first time and as everyone has already reported a firmware update was required by the DJI GO app. The update went as planned a and when finished powered everything down and restarted the drone after power up recalibrated the gimbal and thought I was all set. After again restarting the camera appeared to work but the remote reported the drone was disconnected and the drone status lights flashed yellow continuously. It appears the wifi link between the drone and remote was lost after the firmware update. After resyncing the drone to the controller everything worked correctly. So after your firmware update if the drone has continuous flashing yellow lights look in your manual and ressync the drone to the controller.Fixed!

Pretty common problem.
What was posted recently,
When it tells you "firmware successful" did you restart everything or just the Phantom?
I think you should leave your remote on and just restart the phantom.
This is something I am trying to narrow down on firmware update problems.
What did you do?

Pretty common problem.
What was posted recently,
When it tells you "firmware successful" did you restart everything or just the Phantom?
I think you should leave your remote on and just restart the phantom.
This is something I am trying to narrow down on firmware update problems.
What did you do?
I believe I restarted everything and I'll have to admit it had me baffled for a while. I thought since it was a brand new unit it must be defective in some way. It also taught me a valuable lesson. I haven't flown the Phantom yet since it became clear to me I didn't yet have a clear understanding of all the small issues that when everything works aren't important but when they don't bad things can happen. Understanding all the status lights and switch setting as well as the differences of each flight requirement before taking off can save your drone. Even suttle things like having two competing flight programs on the same tablet (DJI Go and Litchi) can lead to unexplained problems . Better to know while your drone is still on the ground.

Yes, really confusing, I have lost one, and crashed one (never made it back to me lost power) $286.00 repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31