New P3 Standard Gimbal Overloaded

Reaction score
PLEASE can anyone help - I bought a P3 Standard from Tomtop in China.
On switch on the camera jerks crazily back and forth in all direction for quite a time then gives up. I can fly the drone, with "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" status, but the camera is stuck at a wild and useless angle.
What can I do - tried recalibrating the gimbal and it just goes through the same crazy dance.
I was very careful to remove the clamp etc before the first power up - everything looked and felt fine.
The motor on the camera itself gets hot.
Any suggestions?? Bill S-B

PLEASE can anyone help - I bought a P3 Standard from Tomtop in China.
On switch on the camera jerks crazily back and forth in all direction for quite a time then gives up. I can fly the drone, with "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" status, but the camera is stuck at a wild and useless angle.
What can I do - tried recalibrating the gimbal and it just goes through the same crazy dance.
I was very careful to remove the clamp etc before the first power up - everything looked and felt fine.
The motor on the camera itself gets hot.
Any suggestions?? Bill S-B
take it back and get a new one

You should send it back.. but if not, it's time for a bit of surgery.
Taking the back plate off the gimbal & lifting the circuit board away from a potentiometer, the pot has a flat side which needs to be corrected. Keep the phantom on a level surface & turn the pot so that it is level to horizon. You can find numerous vids on the tube that show in better detail.
It's not always a final fix... I had to do this a few times after the last FW update.

You should send it back.. but if not, it's time for a bit of surgery.
Taking the back plate off the gimbal & lifting the circuit board away from a potentiometer, the pot has a flat side which needs to be corrected. Keep the phantom on a level surface & turn the pot so that it is level to horizon. You can find numerous vids on the tube that show in better detail.
It's not always a final fix... I had to do this a few times after the last FW update.
Thanks - I'd already tried that but found the pot seemed correctly aligned parallel with the camera. The other motor, that is directly on the side of the camera, gets hot so maybe it is the culprit. But I do not see how to disassemble it - there's one little screw but it does not seem to release a cover etc.

DJI Support have replied promptly and advised sending it back to them . they are replacing the whole camera assembly under warranty. I'm very impressed with their responsiveness, but it is maddening to have now missed the autumn sun that was critical the the shots I needed !! Thanks for asking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.