New P3 Pro Delivered

Reaction score
My new phantom just arrived. I ordered it, with the extra battery last week just after the price drop to $1079. I've built and flown several quads over the past couple years including 250 size racers. I had a cheerson cx-20 for a month or so before my truck was broken into and it was stolen. My time with it convinced me that I needed to step up and buy the real deal rather than the knock off. I'm looking forward to getting started but will take my time.

Ironically, after ordering it I started looking for insurance options to see if anything was available. Then out of the blue, DJI announces their DJI Care program today. $279 for one year of crash protection. As I look through the threads it looks like about every 4-6 threads is a crash thread. It sounds like the majority are glitches etc.., quite often unexplained. I figure for $279 why not, after the price drop last week, I basically got the same total price as before with a year of crash insurance.

Now with all that said, I hope to have many flights under belt a year from now and an insurance plan that's never been used.

Updates to follow.

I figure for $279 why not, after the price drop last week, I basically got the same total price as before with a year of crash insurance.
I like your thinking. And, if you're not fairly certain that you won't crash in the first year, it seems like a fair value to cover yourself considering that many crashes cost more than $279 to fix.

I like your thinking. And, if you're not fairly certain that you won't crash in the first year, it seems like a fair value to cover yourself considering that many crashes cost more than $279 to fix.

It appears that any hard crash would be every bit of $279 and them some. Camera and Gimbal is close to $500 and they look pretty delicate to me. We'll see. I've never been a huge fan of extra insurance such as extended warranties but we'll see how this works out for me.

Wish you a great fun

Well, you do have a fair amount of experience so maybe the insurance is overkill, but as you say, it's practically "free" compared to the old price. In >500 flights I finally had one crash that was truly DJI's fault (bad battery algorithm in FW 1.5) and they replaced the P3P with no questions asked, free including postage, even though it was >6 mo old. So you are covered in that case. Anyway, have fun - you'll love it!

I retired my cx 20 after I bought my p3a. There is no comparison between the 2 in quality and ease of use. Have Fun!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic