New P3 Owner, vibration question.

Reaction score
Flown my P3 a couple of times now and wow what an improvement on the P2 !

Just a quick question. I'm running the battery down to below 5% before I recharge by letting the P3 run with idle power on the ground. At idle power the motor rpm does vary slightly and at a certain rpm causes quite bad vibration and shaking of the P3. Just a small power input causes it to go away. Anybody else noticed this ? I've never seen this before on any of my previous Phantoms or the Inspire.

Maybe the props need balancing ??

Flown my P3 a couple of times now and wow what an improvement on the P2 !

Just a quick question. I'm running the battery down to below 5% before I recharge by letting the P3 run with idle power on the ground. At idle power the motor rpm does vary slightly and at a certain rpm causes quite bad vibration and shaking of the P3. Just a small power input causes it to go away. Anybody else noticed this ? I've never seen this before on any of my previous Phantoms or the Inspire.

Maybe the props need balancing ??
First only bring your battery under 8% once in every 20 recharge cycles. The batter is getting so low that it can't maintain the revs. No need to be going that low with your battery

It's never a bad idea to balance the props...it can only improve things (unless you do it wrong of course). 3 out of my 4 were perfect, but that last one was definitely off. That's all it takes to add unnecessary vibration.

It's never a bad idea to balance the props...it can only improve things (unless you do it wrong of course). 3 out of my 4 were perfect, but that last one was definitely off. That's all it takes to add unnecessary vibration.

OK thanks I've got a prop balancing kit, I'll give it a go. There was quite a bit of vibration there, I thought it was going to shake itself to bits !

If you have a car real low on petrol in idle what will happen when she's just about empty? She will start shaking and vibrating. Same thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl