New P3 glasses for fpv

Fplvert, if you get the hdmi board for the controller you won't have to worry about lag and any other issue that the hdmi from the tablet can produce. I like that thought alot knowing if my ipad overheats I will still have FPV.

Reactions: Fplvert

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been in touch with the seller and got this reply...

Hi dear,
Thanks for your mail, we don't know if it could work with the Phantom P3A quadcopter, it have HDMI connector, but we did not test if it work with the drone.
If you want you could try it, but we could not promise.
Best regards,
Your friend Christy

so who's going to be the first to try??????????????

yes, i dont fly that often as well but i plan to buy the avegant because i will use them as headphones as well at home and just because the idea seems to be cool. Fatshark will also release new HDMi models like the dominator V3 and dominator HD V2. Spain is awesome, especially the costa blanca region, i even drove there with the car sometimes. I have seen videos of Moraira and alicante made with a Phantom3, it seems not anybody cares about the laws.

we live on La Manga around 90k south of Alicante and it was only last winter I was informed that it was illegal to use UAVs since April 2014, so that included my easy star that I've been using there for years, problem is my neighbor is chief of local police:eek: but in the past they have asked me for aerial photos of their villa ??

Fplvert, if you get the hdmi board for the controller you won't have to worry about lag and any other issue that the hdmi from the tablet can produce. I like that thought alot knowing if my ipad overheats I will still have FPV.

Main reason why I'm investing in these goggles as well. My somewhat rather poor eyesight makes me 100% dependent on FPV on any worthwhile flying distances.

I use an iPad Mini 2 and it works great most of the times unless it's pretty hot outside. That's when my FPV gets pretty glitchy and I get very nervous.

just got this from the seller, it looks like they are going to test them to see if they work with the P3.

FIRST EMAIL

Thanks for your mail, we don't know if it could work with the Phantom P3A quadcopter, it have HDMI connector, but we did not test if it work with the drone.
If you want you could try it, but we could not promise.
Best regards,
Your friend Christy

SECOND EMAIL

Hi dear,
Thanks for your reply, ok, when we test if it could works with Phantom P3A quadcopter , we will tell you .
Best regards,
Your friend Christy

so now we wait and see!

we live on La Manga around 90k south of Alicante and it was only last winter I was informed that it was illegal to use UAVs since April 2014, so that included my easy star that I've been using there for years, problem is my neighbor is chief of local police:eek: but in the past they have asked me for aerial photos of their villa ??

Only commercial use of drones is restricted in spain.
I live up by alicante and fly round here, no problems with the police.
As long as sensible on where and when you fly.

I'm on La Manga every winter for 6 months and last winter, early February 2015 the internet said it was illegal to fly UAVs except in a club environment not on the beaches etc but obviously they have changed the law again (typical Spain, one day our villa has to be demolished, too close to the sea, next it can stay for 30 years, now open ended ???)
so what you have now informed me is really good news, I can get out and play instead of just sitting in the sunshine all day:cool:

good news, hope they don't change it again

I'm on La Manga every winter for 6 months and last winter, early February 2015 the internet said it was illegal to fly UAVs except in a club environment not on the beaches etc but obviously they have changed the law again (typical Spain, one day our villa has to be demolished, too close to the sea, next it can stay for 30 years, now open ended ???)
so what you have now informed me is really good news, I can get out and play instead of just sitting in the sunshine all day:cool:

good news, hope they don't change it again

next time you are over, lets meet up.

cheers

Robin..

August 4, 2015 -- translated from Italian

Used mainly for FPV Racing and activities carried out in FPV worldwide (in the manner allowed by the various regulations) the video glasses are also conquering the normal user through the features in the latest models of consumer and prosumer drones that have streaming digital images.

It 'probably for these reasons that the Fatshark announced the upcoming availability of the new model Dominator V3 whose full production will begin on August 21 and for purchase at the sales channels you will have to wait until the end of September.

The Dominator V3 can be recognized immediately by the previous versions for the presence of a fan that should ensure a better contrast to fogging of the lenses and a certain coolness to the wearer, especially in summer, ensuring an overall improvement in the visual comfort

The battery is 1800 mAh with led indicator of the state of charge, and provides an HDMI cable with adapters mini and micro. They will not be included instead the receiver and 'head tracker.

The display is 800 x 480 with 30-degree FOV and compatibility with 3D SBS (side by side). Big change for the image format , the 4: 3 is abandoned in favor of16: 9 . Fatshark justifying it with the fact that the Dominator V3 were designed for new products in digital streaming , as we said before, it is insured and has been tested for compatibility with HDMI 720p input: the Lightbridge , the DJI Inspire The Phantom 3 with HDMI module, the Parrot Bebop + Skycontroller and Connex

Improvements also the integrated recorder DVR that can now detect the video mode NTSC and PAL, and behave accordingly. The DVR also has a supercapacitor that makes sure that the recording is not corrupted by a break early battery before you press the stop button rec. However, the DVR can not record images from the input HDMI

The Dominator Fatshark V3 will have a price estimated selling in $ 349 with probable decrease in price of $ 20 in the following months.

Quite odd, it isn't even mentioned on their web site...

and another thing I don't quite understand is this comment, or is it a mistake in translation ,

They will not be included instead the receiver and 'head tracker. ???????

Well on Saturday I finally received my p3 nebula glasses, and I know I told you guys I was going to review them for you but I already returned them. The reason for returning them was not because of the quality of the image but because of the fact that I got a broken nose in a fight from about 15 years ago or so and it never healed up right so no glasses sit well on the bridge of my nose. And on top of that, my head is narrow so they wouldn't stay up on my head. The benefits of these glasses was that they were small, smaller than my HDs, and they were powered off the hdmi board mod on the RC. The image wasn't the best but not bad, I felt like they were sharper than my HDs. Overall if they fit well I probably would have kept them. Don't know what to do now, maybe try out the box on your face-headplays, sure they look ridiculous but the embarrassment does not out weigh the option of having a massive screen in your face on bright and sunny days.

Well on Saturday I finally received my p3 nebula glasses, and I know I told you guys I was going to review them for you but I already returned them. The reason for returning them was not because of the quality of the image but because of the fact that I got a broken nose in a fight from about 15 years ago or so and it never healed up right so no glasses sit well on the bridge of my nose. And on top of that, my head is narrow so they wouldn't stay up on my head. The benefits of these glasses was that they were small, smaller than my HDs, and they were powered off the hdmi board mod on the RC. The image wasn't the best but not bad, I felt like they were sharper than my HDs. Overall if they fit well I probably would have kept them. Don't know what to do now, maybe try out the box on your face-headplays, sure they look ridiculous but the embarrassment does not out weigh the option of having a massive screen in your face on bright and sunny days.

I was finally able to test my Nebulas out and I like them. They're pretty much the only option available to be because I will not wear a box on my face (aka the Head Plays) and B, I refuse to spend $700 on glasses like the Cinemizers.

Here's what the Nebulas look like for those who haven't seen them yet.

image.jpg

It's unlikely these 3D glasses will work with a 2D output from the Phantom controller's HDMI output. 3D glasses implies you feed the glasses two different images, one to each eye. The Phantom doesn't do that, there's only one camera, and one 2D feed from HDMI.

and another thing I don't quite understand is this comment, or is it a mistake in translation ,

They will not be included instead the receiver and 'head tracker. ???????

The new FS Dominator V3's and Dominator HD V2's do not include either a head tracker or a video receiver. These are both options.

:harry

phantom3menace: what are the specs and what do they cost? Are they better than the Cinemizers? Are they powered through HDMI?

phantom3menace: what are the specs and what do they cost? Are they better than the Cinemizers? Are they powered through HDMI?

I'm pretty positive they aren't better than the Cinemizers. But they also cost a little over half of what the Cinemizers do. Not sure about the specs on the goggles so I have included a link below that gives specifics on the Nebulas. They are powered by the mini HDMI connection.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1643448922.html?spm=a2700.7724838.35.1.BiA0f8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1