New P3 glasses for fpv

If you are using these goggles now could someone please answer the following questions:

Can you adjust the inter-pupilary distance ?

How readable is the P3 OSD data (top and bottom of the image) ?

Since these goggles allow for external viewing how is the image in bright sunlight ?

TIA for any thoughts.

:harry

If you are using these goggles now could someone please answer the following questions:

Can you adjust the inter-pupilary distance ?

How readable is the P3 OSD data (top and bottom of the image) ?

Since these goggles allow for external viewing how is the image in bright sunlight ?

TIA for any thoughts.

:harry

No inter-pupilary adjustments can be made.

the OSD data is perfectly readable.

The image in bright sunlight is far better than any tablet, but a fair bit worse than with the sun shade on.

I have already owned the fatshark HDs and sold them earlier this year. Wasn't to impressed with the video quality plus the fuzzy image on the border was a big let down for me. Plus the diopter adjustments could never be spot on. I also had the moverio bt200s which had far superior video quality plus the ability to see past the image over the edges was great. Im gonna give these glasses a go and if Im disappointed, the seller said I could return them. There really isn't much high end choices left out there except the HP which is bulky and won't fit in either case Im using.

pl
I have already owned the fatshark HDs and sold them earlier this year. Wasn't to impressed with the video quality plus the fuzzy image on the border was a big let down for me. Plus the diopter adjustments could never be spot on. I also had the moverio bt200s which had far superior video quality plus the ability to see past the image over the edges was great. Im gonna give these glasses a go and if Im disappointed, the seller said I could return them. There really isn't much high end choices left out there except the HP which is bulky and won't fit in either case Im using.
=
==========================================================================
please let me know what you think about them as I'm looking into buying a P3A and hope to manage solely with goggles as with my P1 v1.1.1, I get on really well with goggles (Fat Shark 1st edition, not HDMI) so I'd rather use goggles than having to buy a tablet as well, I hopefully will be able to set-up the P3 on my lap top first

another question, are these glasses only sold in the USA? always get hammered by customs buying from the US:(

thanks

Last edited:
im highly sceptical for that price. For 599 you get the avegant in fall, those use the newest DLP texas instruments chip to project the image directly to your retina. Has inbuild battery for 4 hours, you can adjust them to your eyes, has 45 FOV and they are video goggle and high end headphone with titan drivers in one unit. They are 720P but since its projected directly to your retina you cant see any pixels

Reactions: mikesher
Hi Daninho
just checked them out and for the amount of flying I do I'd rather pay a bit less if possible, the fact that I'm used to my old fat shark goggles, poor everything but I get on with them, any other glasses would be an upgrade I'm sure, and also as I spend 6 months every year in the winter in Spain, MCs are banned in the country only unless you go to a recognized RC club site and where we live the nearest site is fully booked up but personally that's not my thing anyway, I do manage to sneak a few flight in on quiet days when hopefully nobody's looking:eek:

thanks anyway

I'm going to give them a try and compare them to my cinemizers..

Reactions: Fplvert
Hi Daninho
just checked them out and for the amount of flying I do I'd rather pay a bit less if possible, the fact that I'm used to my old fat shark goggles, poor everything but I get on with them, any other glasses would be an upgrade I'm sure, and also as I spend 6 months every year in the winter in Spain, MCs are banned in the country only unless you go to a recognized RC club site and where we live the nearest site is fully booked up but personally that's not my thing anyway, I do manage to sneak a few flight in on quiet days when hopefully nobody's looking:eek:

thanks anyway
yes, i dont fly that often as well but i plan to buy the avegant because i will use them as headphones as well at home and just because the idea seems to be cool. Fatshark will also release new HDMi models like the dominator V3 and dominator HD V2. Spain is awesome, especially the costa blanca region, i even drove there with the car sometimes. I have seen videos of Moraira and alicante made with a Phantom3, it seems not anybody cares about the laws.

I'm going to give them a try and compare them to my cinemizers..
I want to know too, Blade Strike!

I'd like to know if they work with nvidia HDMI out as well!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4