Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

NEW P3 Gimbal Lock and Lens Cap design

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Milehighdesign, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Milehighdesign

Hi,
    Here is my new listings for a Gimbal Lock and lens cap combos. I designed and 3d printed all the parts myself. They have been updated.
    Here is the links to my eBay listings that have the NEW Gimbal Lock. It will work with my lens caps. So you can just order the NEW gimbal lock if you already have lens caps from me.
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    Milehighdesign
    DJI Phantom 3 CLEAR Gimbal Lock & Lens Cap 3d printed
    DJI Phantom 3 NEW Gimbal Lock 3d printed from Clear PET
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111685942645?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 View attachment 20804 View attachment 20805 View attachment 20806
    C_3.jpg C_1.jpg P_3.jpg P_2.jpg

#1 Milehighdesign, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. tcope

Great price. The only issue I see is that the material appears to flex. As such, would the camera still be susceptible to movement upon impact?

3. tcope

I read a review from someone else on a lock with the same design. Appears that there the length of the protector is short enough that there is really little play. Not enough to allow the camera to move.

Shame I already bought another type as I like this one and it's less cost. I waited and wait but no one else was making these. I buy one and all of a sudden there are several on the market.

BTW, 3rd party gimbal locks are a must have item. Once you use one, you will wish you had bought one a long time prior.

4. Milehighdesign

The Gimbal Lock itself has very little flex in it. Enough to help get it on and off. Once it's on with the lens cap it's not going anywhere. It's a much better design that what shipped with the P3. It uses the lens cap to give you a tight non-moving fit.

5. Rod Carnochan77

Hi Nathan
    I went to your eBay page to buy the Gimbal and lens cap combo but do you send to Canada ? ( British Columbia ) please say that you do !

6. Milehighdesign

Yes. I ship free to the US and eBay does the international shipping.
    Let me know if you have any problems purchasing the combo.
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    Milehighdesign

7. MattyDread

Nice - shame about the $19 shipping for a small, lightweight piece of plastic..

8. Milehighdesign

I think they are matching my first class US sipping with tracking information. That could be why the high cost?

9. Rod Carnochan77

Yeah it is a little steep for me in shipping too - any other options Nathan for a fellow PP ? :)