New P3 Advanced - Firmware or Camera issue?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just unboxed my P3 Advanced on Sunday. I thought I was doing the right thing by immediately upgrading the firmware and getting it ready for it's first flight.

I played around with the simulator for the last few days and decided to take it out for it's maiden voyage today. Well, all is good except that the camera is not working properly. All photos and videos are pink - and unusable. The video downlink is the same. Saved media on the cards is the same.

I've tried downgrading firmware but haven't had any luck and I'm reading that's not even possible.. Argh. Sample attached.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• DJI_0001.jpg
    DJI_0001.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 403
My P3A came with a protective film over the lens. I noticed it but didn't remove it right away for my first flight. Images were blurry. However if you just got yours and the film is still on then that could be the cause. The film will be more susceptible to temperature and moisture than the actual lens with it's highly technical coatings.
Good luck.

Thanks both! I had removed the plastic film (unfortunately) :) I will give reseating the ribbon cable and the IMU calibration a try.

I played around with the simulator for the last few days and decided to take it out for it's maiden voyage today.
Did you use any sort of fan blowing on your P3A while you were using the sim? The gimbal boards above the camera have been known to overheat on P3Ps with no airflow. If you were using your P3A sim for a few days with no airflow, it may be an issue with that board. Just something to keep in mind.

My first suggestion however is always reseating the cables as has been suggested already.

Last edited:
I didn't have a fan blowing on the P3A when I was using the sim.. I never used it for more than 15 minutes at a time if that helps.

I tried reseating but still no love. It looks like the quickest route to resolve is to get a replacement, which I've already initiated. Should be back in business by Friday.

Thanks all!
Scott

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl