New P2V

Reaction score
I just got my first quadcopter, a Phantom 2 Vision. A friend and I went in together and purchased two of them and a bunch of spare parts at an auction. His works fine, mine is a bit more troublesome.

My QR code and info sticker is missing from the bottom so I can't bind the camera to my phone. I've contacted DJI with the camera serial number and am waiting to hear back. Hopefully they can send me the code or MAC address.

I've noticed when shutting it down, one motor stops sooner than the other three. Is that normal? I haven't been able to fly it yet because we have wind gusts in excess of 50 mph, but I've noticed it also makes some strange noises. When turned on with the blades stopped, it seems to have a fan running inside and when turning it on it has a series of three beeps following the initial series that I haven't seen in any of the videos I've watched. I'll try to attach a video of the issue to this post.

Any advice, or tips on what might need repair?

The whining noise is the servo, it may be slightly out of line, does it stop if you move the camera, if not then it's just a noisy servo, you get them.

No need to wait for DJI for a QR code just watch this video I did, my channel has lots of P2V stuff

It doesn't stop, good to know it isn't a major issue.

DJI did send me a code, unfortunately it still doesn't work. I can go through the process and scan it, but it doesn't seem to save it. After scanning and hitting the blue check mark button I can check the about page and it shows NA for the camera, and the camera doesn't work. Any ideas?

Yeah
First make sure the white switch is at the wifi position
Is the camera light green

Follow the video above and get the correct MAC address

To bind you have to reset the RE unit first by pressing the recessed button until the system light goes out.
Wait until your phone shows the wifi and you can connect to it

Enter the binding section and input the MAC address it's usually in lower case.

Press the blue tick

The RE will reboot and can take upto a minute to come back on

Close out the app

Connect to the wifi

Open the app

I've done that exact procedure numerous times, and it ends up saying no camera connected. I don't have a pc and can't use inssider on my Mac or iPhone, so I have to scan the qr code.

The system light on my wifi extender doesn't stay solid, it blinks with no discernible pattern. I'm at a loss.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4