New P2V Pilot from Australia

G'day Everyone!

Took delivery of my brand spanking new P2V.

I Was shitting bricks when I took it out for its first flight but it went off without a hitch. And the wind was pretty intense!
Incredibly easy to use and had a great time! Really good product!

The only negative... The phone display is totally hopeless in the
Surfers Paradise sunshine... Went and hid under a tree. Hahaha!

Waiting for delivery of an extra battery and it'll be all systems go!

Glad to hear you had a good experience! Take your time practicing and don't get too over confident too quickly! They really are amazing machines. Welcome to the addiction.

Scottrod said:
Glad to hear you had a good experience! Take your time practicing and don't get too over confident too quickly! They really are amazing machines. Welcome to the addiction.

Thanks for the welcome!

My confidence is held firmly in check as I realise how quickly things can go pear shaped and turn evil!
I'm just very thankful that my first flight was without incident... No 'kaboom' thank god!! More good luck than
Good management probably! Hahaha!

Cheers!

I crashed mine just because I was too close to a bush and couldn't tell JUST how close I was hovering because of the how far away I was. Luckily no damage but yeah it happens to the best of us.

P.S. If you haven't heard, "ground station" for the Vision should hopefully be released within the next month. It's a program that allows you to program the waypoints for the machine to fly without you controlling it. Autonomous flying. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Hi Mark
Sydney P2V owner here, got mine from eglobal HK as well, 1288 with extra battery free delivery with DHL ordered it on 27th Dec arrived 6th Jan same day I left on a 18 day Dubai cruise holiday, got to unbox it charge it up and repackage it until I get back from this break (torture ) haven't seen a DJI anything while away and I've looked
On charging the extender and trying to get it connected to the app I stupidly reset the extender to get the iphone 5 to connect with it and couldn't then get the DJI vision app to connect with the camera don't make that one, while I've been away now know that a camera/extender rebind ( thanks to the guys here and there info!)is required so hopefully when I get home on the 24th that's all I'll need to do, the unit hasn't left the ground yet, fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with it don't like the idea of boxing it up and returning it to eglobal, not having any fiddle time b4 I left just agitates things. Seem to be enough issues with it, cruising thru the blogs here and there..... fingers crossed! :roll:
John

I decided to make my own P2V case. I bought a lockable box from super cheap ($129) and decided to use foam swimming pool noodles ($20) as the protective cushioning (works amazing)! They are VERY easy to cut so it was a piece of cake to shape and organise the box exactly the way I wanted it. There is space for the p2v, 2x batteries, RC & spare batteries, wi-fi extender, prop guards, 2 sets of props. & a small toolbox for tools, screws etc! Give it a go! It sure beats paying over the top prices (not to mention postage)! And the end result is extremely satisfying!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 326
goldcoastkiwi said:
...I Was shitting bricks when I took it out for its first flight but it went off without a hitch. And the wind was pretty intense! ...The phone display is totally hopeless in the Surfers Paradise sunshine...
Try to stay within the flight envelope of the Vision such that it doesn't struggle & shake or vibrate for extended periods of time fighting the wind... We're finding this is one of the common denominators in reports of so-called fly-away's. The NAZA flight computer relies on many sensors to correct attitude, position, & velocity however its IMU may become overloaded under such conditions resulting in delayed/erratic behavior and the occasional "fly-away".

As for viewing your phone in the sun there are many solutions, Pull_Up just got a "hoodie" for his that looks & works very nice (photos posted in another thread). I'm sure someone can redirect you to that post or maybe Pull_Up will drop by later and tell you himself.

There are quite a few P2V'ers on the board from Down Under, glad more of you are flying. It's a big beautiful world you guys have got down there. Welcome to the Vision throng!

iDrone

iDrone said:
Welcome to the Vision throng!
iDrone

I read that as "Vision thong" at first and thought I was at the wrong (or right?!) party...

Yes, I really like the Glarestomper. Mosleyh posted a review here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6146&p=50205#p50205 and I liked it enough to buy one for my Nexus 4. I actually installed it slightly differently than he did and wrote that up here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6146&start=20#p52495

If you go here: http://www.glarestomper.com/other-brands/ you can put the measurements of your device in and they'll tell you if they have a size to fit. It's very well made and feels like it will last forever. And given the number of bright sunny days in the UK when it will need to be used it probably will.

goldcoastkiwi said:
I decided to make my own P2V case. I bought a lockable box from super cheap ($129) and decided to use foam swimming pool noodles ($20) as the protective cushioning (works amazing)! They are VERY easy to cut so it was a piece of cake to shape and organise the box exactly the way I wanted it. There is space for the p2v, 2x batteries, RC & spare batteries, wi-fi extender, prop guards, 2 sets of props. & a small toolbox for tools, screws etc! Give it a go! It sure beats paying over the top prices (not to mention postage)! And the end result is extremely satisfying!

You've done a top job there, but is it really cheaper cost-wise when you factor everything in?
If I did it, it would look something like this:
• Case from Supercheap - $129
• Foam noodles - $20
• Time to find a case and go buy it and the noodles - 1hr = $80
(I charge $80 per hour for my time as a graphic designer)
----------------------------------------------------
MY TOTAL - $229

I bought mine from Helipal and it was $230 delivered to Australia within a few days.
It also came with pick'n'pull foam that lets you set up the layout how you want.

I still give you props for going your route though. Probably more satisfying.

You've done a top job there, but is it really cheaper cost-wise when you factor everything in?
If I did it, it would look something like this:
• Case from Supercheap - $129
• Foam noodles - $20
• Time to find a case and go buy it and the noodles - 1hr = $80
(I charge $80 per hour for my time as a graphic designer)
----------------------------------------------------
MY TOTAL - $229

I bought mine from Helipal and it was $230 delivered to Australia within a few days.
It also came with pick'n'pull foam that lets you set up the layout how you want.

I still give you props for going your route though. Probably more satisfying.[/quote]

Thanks for your comment Basically I had a ton of time on my hands so I thought I'd wax creative, hahaha!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers