New p2v owner

Reaction score
Hi I just got a used p2v(waiting for it to arrive)

Any differences from my fc40?

Any tips?
Is the battery issue still a problem?(read the horror stories of it causing falling phantoms uncool)

How many spare batteries is everyone getting?

Yes, you may experience the battery problem if your Vision was manufactured before March of 2014. You can inspect the data pins on the craft and see if they are rounded or four pointed. Keep these pins clean and protect them when inserting the battery.

I recommend watching all of Colin Guinn's DJI instructional videos, if you havent already. Also watch vids on updateing the camera firmware.

Only word of warning i can offer for the Vision. Is Never plug in or unplug any cable while the Vision is powered on. Replacement cameras are not cheap.

Otherwise, read the manual, have fun and happy hovering!

The Rookie :cool:

Geert said:
general01 said:
Hi I just got a used p2v(waiting for it to arrive)

Any differences from my fc40?

Any tips?
Is the battery issue still a problem?(read the horror stories of it causing falling phantoms uncool)

How many spare batteries is everyone getting?

Hi,

Maybe it is a good idea to read some popular topics on the the P2V forum here to get updated.
Never had a FC40.
In total I have 4 batteries.
Have fun with your P2V.

Geert./.
Ok I will before I fly it
I am used to the controls from experence with the fc40 phantom I have(main difference is the camera)

RCRookie said:
Yes, you may experience the battery problem if your Vision was manufactured before March of 2014. You can inspect the data pins on the craft and see if they are rounded or four pointed. Keep these pins clean and protect them when inserting the battery.

I recommend watching all of Colin Guinn's DJI instructional videos, if you havent already. Also watch vids on updateing the camera firmware.

Only word of warning i can offer for the Vision. Is Never plug in or unplug any cable while the Vision is powered on. Replacement cameras are not cheap.

Ok I will check and see when it was made and check the pins while I am at when it comes

I have watched some of the videos(compass calibration is one) before I flew my current phantom fc40

Now when you mention removing cables are you referring to the USB cable to do the firmware updates or the cable for the camera????

He was talking about CAMERA CABLES.
If you unplug while powered up, will burn out main circuit board!

Take care, Fly safe!

general01 said:
RCRookie said:

Ok I will check and see when it was made and check the pins while I am at when it comes

I have watched some of the videos(compass calibration is one) before I flew my current phantom fc40

Now when you mention removing cables are you referring to the USB cable to do the firmware updates or the cable for the camera????
Specifically the camera cable...But its not a good idea to plug or unplug ANY cable while the battery is powered up on your Vision.

Ok
When I have my phantom fc40 connected to the computer I do it like this
USB cable->battery-> run the software->close the software-> battery->USB cable
This is how I do it when I update or calibrate the craft

I will keep in mind to remove the battery when I need to work on the camera last thing I want to do is brick it(had experience with that with a iPod touch before NOT FUN)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers