New P2V Owner from Finland

PropsPete said:
I put a short EDITED video together with music. I had my Nikon DSLR, GoPro3 Hero and P2V to get footage.

http://youtu.be/uYmvcCCLz0s

Very nice, I particularly liked the shots when you climbed vertically up the side of the snow covered trees.

Your camera looks like a 'good one'

Thanks for posting :)

Hey Pault

Just seen your video :D

Ok so now we see more of a story in your film. Arriving at the site, unpacking, walking etc. This was rather good. I think the walking out section was a bit too long. The music was a good choice. Boy don't those climbs up the trees work well and covered in snow they are quite magical. I loved the fact that you let us see you both and gave us a wave, you got one back from me so hello! The ending capturing yourself in the mirror was also neat.

Well done, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Shrimpy

PropsPete said:
Thank you guys!

This was my first ever edited video. I used iMovie for editing which seem to have quite good collection of features to start with.

Well keep going as it looks like your going to be a natural filmmaker. For a first attempt its very good indeed. iMovie is fine and you could keep going with that for ages. If you begin to get the taste for it seriously then as your a Mac user Final Cut Pro X is good. There are others as well.

PropsPete.. Very nicely done and this was your first edit ! Looking forward to the next instalment ;) congrats....

Well this proves what I want to do can be done with iMovie, however after watching several how-to videos on YouTube it just never seems like the layout or the options are the same or even available to me when I try and use them on my iMac. I have the latex version of iMovie too. Just yesterday I was trying to take a 7 minute long video and crop out a few sections and slice the remaining parts together but was not having much luck. I have actually had better success doing so on the iMovie iPad version.
I am not sure if I maybe have something in settings switched wrong or what but the workflow of the whole thing just seems off.

Anyone know where to look for some how-to's on basic iMovie editing or tips..
Thanks

Thank you for your feedback! Keeps me going :)

Brett, I can try to document my workflow next time I'm putting video together.

In a meanwhile I realized that you can make great mini-world images out of these aerial shots.

Attachments

• 1102558_10152191969595842_9130209_o.jpg
    1102558_10152191969595842_9130209_o.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 294
Great weather today for a long time here up north. Sun was shining again after a very loooong period of cloudy weather. Now eight flight under my belt and no incidents yet.

I was able to fly my toy couple times and test the behavior of it. I was using adjustable ND filter which I ordered two weeks ago. Not happy with it. It's too thick and is shadowing upper left corner of the image (also upper right a bit). Also got some nasty reflections which were even worse than with UV filter.

Then I noticed that my toy is not flying straight. Especially when I go forward and let the stick go it will drift to the left big time and then stop and hover. Haven't done compass recalibration yet.

I was also pushing it to limits with more aggressive stick movements and even flew it out of 300 m range and lost connection. Initiated failsafe and it returned nicely back. Well done DJI!

I also downloaded the Adobe RAW 8.4 RC and got lens correction to work with CS6 and DJI RAW images. I'm just a bit disappointed because after lens correction image will be really blurred on both sides. Not the result I was expecting.

Well, I shoot few raw images and created one panorama out of three images with CS6. This is the only way to get enough resolution and detail (IMO).

Here is the panorama reduced to one fifth from original size (I'm in there).

Attachments

• Panoramax3kuvaa.jpg
    Panoramax3kuvaa.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 283

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4