New P2V Owner from Finland

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reading this forum very carefully after I placed my order for P2V. It arrived today and the WiFi extender is still charging while I'm writing this post.

I'm not an experienced RC flyer so I have downloaded Heli-X simulator to prepare myself for the first flight. Unfortunately weather is not going to allow me to fly at least for a week because of freezing temperatures. I don't want to freeze myself nor P2V and iPhone while trying my first 'stunts'. I'll post my first flight video (hopefully a success) when I dare to take P2V out.

Thank you all for your valuable information you have posted into this forum.

Cheers,
Petri

Welcome aboard. I have Finnish blood in me on my Dad's side. You're really going to enjoy your Phantom and you've chosen the right forum for help and support...

-slinger

Welcome! As well as the sim consider an indoor micro quad (Hubsan X4 or similar) for some real stick time. They are also great fun to buzz around the house later on when the weather isn't good outside for the Vision - and they are more difficult to fly than the Vision is as there's no GPS or barometer to hold it in place, great to learn the principles of how a quad fundamentally works.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I was able to power up everything yesterday and I even did compass calibration. Tested the camera also (still and video) and everything seems to be ok.

Next I probably need to upgrade firmwares because Camera is at 1.1.7 and NAZA-M 1.05. I don't know at which level the RC is though and I hate the idea of opening it up in order to get access to micro-USB port.

Wow, just had my first flight :D

After upgrading firmware the weather got slightly better (wasn't raining sleet and temperature still above zero deg C) so I decided to take a try before dark. The flight took 64 seconds with successful landing. Why so short because it started to rain again and gusts were at 8 m/s. Didn't want to risk it any more.

It was fun and I totally forgot to use my fancy FPV while I was in control. I was so concentrated fighting the wind and getting it down safely. Can't wait the next time!!

Had my 3rd flight today! We have had -2 F last two weeks and flying P2V has only been a distant dream. Today it was 'only' 16 F so I decided to take her out.

Couple of images to show (snapshots from video). I took video with P2V, Nikon and GoPro3 so I'll try to put something together and upload it to youtube.

BTW, it was fantastic to fly!! I love this machine!

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-01-25-15h05m21s55.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-01-25-15h05m21s55.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 443
  • vlcsnap-2014-01-25-14h55m40s131.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-01-25-14h55m40s131.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 416
  • D7K_5565.jpg
    D7K_5565.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 357
Beautiful pictures PropsPete! What a difference from our climate here in Los Angeles, California.

BTW, In the summer of 1978 I traveled all through Scandinavian/Europe and Russia including all up and down Finland, from the North Cap of Norway south to Helsinki and then into St. Petersberg, Russia - How I would love to have had this P2V then! You have a beautiful country to explore and enjoy.

Loved your photos! Nauti ja tervetuloa harrastus!

Shrimpfarmer said:
Anyone else think the Phantom looks uber cool against a snowy background. Great shots.

Yep I had that thought too!! That shot looked like it was out of a marketing brochure, very cool

Don the builder said:
Beautiful pictures PropsPete! What a difference from our climate here in Los Angeles, California.

BTW, In the summer of 1978 I traveled all through Scandinavian/Europe and Russia including all up and down Finland, from the North Cap of Norway south to Helsinki and then into St. Petersberg, Russia - How I would love to have had this P2V then! You have a beautiful country to explore and enjoy.

Loved your photos! Nauti ja tervetuloa harrastus!

Thank you Don!

Must have been quite a travel back then! Russia is a bit different now as is Finland too.

I've been to L.A. couple times and love it! BIG city with lot of places to go. I prefer the weather over there too :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav