New P2V+ owner. Carbon Props? FPV Goggles?

Reaction score
Just ordered a new P2V+ and have been looking at mods/ad ons etc.. What's folks take on the carbon fiber blades?

Also I've been wanting to get the Skyzone goggles with probably a Boscom transmitter - but there seems to be little information about the P2V+ and goggles. I don't see how the P2V+ is any different than the P2V...seems to me that the P2V+ is just the P2V with DJIs own gimbal and I suspect you could replace it with one of the other variants?

Any other tips or mods you can suggest?

C.D.

It's pretty much unanimous in the forums... don't do carbon fiber blades or anything other than the DJI brand blades that come with the Vision+. Carbon fiber is more rigid, less flexible, and under performs when compared to the Vision+ props.

My opinion on FPV goggles is wait for the technology to get a little better... The Epson Moverio BT-200 seemed like the best option for the Vision+ but many members have returned them due to compromises in resolution and performance over a standard iPad using 30fps...

Should have done a bit more research before pressing proceed to checkout I'm afraid. Dont use any other props than the stock props, no third party or carbon fibre. No third party batteries either.
The phantom vision and vision + work on completely the oppostie operating frequencies compared to the standard phantom 2 with no gimbal and camera. For goggles you will need to look into goggles that have hdmi input, plugged into a hdmi adapter that will then plug into your phone or tablet to get fpv that way. Im not gonna tell you its impossible to change out the p2v+ camera out for another camera and gimbal but it really isnt worth the hassle or cost. For goggles look into either Cinimizers, epson movero glasses or the new fatshark goggles with input but im not sure if the fatsharks have been released yet.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not really that disappointed in the limitations, not for what I'm going to be using it for and already looked into the goggles for the ipad as I have a Gen3 with the AV out package. But regarding that - regardless of what the Vision+ transmits on - if it's the same PCB as the P2V then I would hope it have the same connector - or not? I guess they're doing their own thing with that, I'll have to have a peek inside when it arrives and see if it has the same connector or not for the video transmitter.

C.D.

Yea, if you want goggles, most people are using go pro cameras on the phantom 2 non-vision. If you already have a vision + coming, I would forget about goggles and use a iPad mini, tablet, or your phone for FPV. For accessories, get a phone shade and a tablet holder. I would also get a gimbal guard and propeller guards if you fly near trees or people. A good case or backpack for the phantom is needed, but you can get by until you decide how many batteries and other equipment you want. Good luck! :D

Fplvert said:
Yea, if you want goggles....! :D

Well, something tells me this is just my first of many rigs....

I have the ipad already (And a G3 S), and a stand so easy enough to make sun guard for that. And ordered the propguards already, I've flown small unit before and know how valuable those can be. I didn't know there was a gimbal guard too but seems like a good idea too.

I'm curious to open this thing up when it shows and see what is inside. What is interesting is that the "Controller" states it runs at 5.8...but the "Range Extender" runs at 2.4??? I'm guessing the 2.4 would be strictly for the Wi-Fi/idevice features.

C.D.

You will love the package C.D. Take time to read the manual and check the forum if you have problems. It's been really helpful to me! :D

srandall25 said:
It's pretty much unanimous in the forums... don't do carbon fiber blades or anything other than the DJI brand blades that come with the Vision+. Carbon fiber is more rigid, less flexible, and under performs when compared to the Vision+ props.

My opinion on FPV goggles is wait for the technology to get a little better... The Epson Moverio BT-200 seemed like the best option for the Vision+ but many members have returned them due to compromises in resolution and performance over a standard iPad using 30fps...

...under performs when compared to the Vision+ props.[/quote]

I beg to differ... If you get the right, solid CF props, & not el-cheapo knock-offs from China, make sure they're properly balanced, they will P*** all over the plastic DJI props.

Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses
- Lowest Price!: $789.00

Dronefly. Great find! :D

Like everything in this hobby is so affordable :eek:

I wish they would come up with some quieter props. The distinctive buzz gives it away. Or a noise-cancelling system somehow.

I use the Moverio glasses, as far as I know, they're the only compatible goggle-like system for the PV2+ I've had a few glitches but once sorted out they're pretty neat and immersive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers