New P2v+ ?NEed help.

Reaction score
FInally got my bird..
Went to go through the assistant software set up.
Not being recognized by computer ... Assistant opens but no bingo...
Also When I turn on the Phantom itself .. I don't get the full beep beep sequence
Please help

Ran the windows driver
connected Phantom to computer .. heard the usb sound indication ..
still no information or connection to Software assistant .. Transmitter or Phantom ..

You plugging it to the front of the white phantom or to the back of the silver camera/gimbal?

Also make sure you are using the /correct/ assistant software (for the p2v+, not some other model).

Right version downloaded...
Not plugged into the camera.

Downloaded windows driver
assistant opens
prompts me for password .. did not chose the remember option
then nothibg happens

I calibrated the compass ...
can control the camera
tilt .. take pics n video

arm motors (csc)
power up .. props off.
Cut motors with transmitter..

Transmitter not connecting with rc assistant either .. hmm ...
I think I need a " second computer"

Ok .. any ideas????
Please

I got you newbie. Don't use the DJI extender USB cable. Just plug the USB cable from the Phantom into the computer directly. A lot of users have had your problem

Ok I was using the micro cable for the extender to connect the phantom to the computer.
There is an alternative way of doing the same?

SOGdrone1 said:
Ok I was using the micro cable for the extender to connect the phantom to the computer.
There is an alternative way of doing the same?
Just connect the micro usb cable directly to the computer. Don't use the extender cable.

I have always used the cable that came with the plus to connect to my computer. Since April. No issues. You can try a diff cable but I would be more suspect of your software install or try a different usb port.

Sounds distinctly like you are plugging into an external USB hub, which is usually a compromise, and in some cases doesnt work (it didnt work with mine)

UPDATE
I tried 2 laptops ...
all the USB Ports
Downloaded windows drivers and relevant software from DJI
I was able to use the camera .. .took video and connected to computer.. was able to get videos and pics of the sd card and transfer to computer

In other news ..
I was able to get off the ground .. 1st flight... even thou8gh I have yet to connect transmitter and 'Phantom 2 vision + to computer to verify software and so forth...
I was able to fly and take video and pics... was very exciting ..
only bummer at this point is my concern for the connectivity to computer.
I can tell that the transmitter (controller) set up needs calibrating.

as a result of not having connected the phantom to the computer and the software assistant ... I have no information through the dji app to indicate time left on battery life for flying ... I have sat locks ... wifi extender battery levels and so forth but .. during my first flight the app did signal (audible) that the battery level was low.
Any and all comments appreciated.
Thanks

Just as an FYI, and I I am sure you have tried this sequence but I will post it anyways. This is how I have always done it:
1. Plug the USB cable from your Phantom (port under the rubber flap) to your computer.
2. Run the PC Assistant.
3. Click skip, then login, or whatever until you get to the main screen.
4. Power on your Phantom.
5. If that doesn't get it connected, I wouldn't know what to do either.

RC Assistant, same general thing. Except run the RC Assistant and power up the RC.

Good god I would hate my life if this all didn't work for me. Good luck and I hope you get it working.

BlackTracer said:
Just as an FYI, and I I am sure you have tried this sequence but I will post it anyways. This is how I have always done it:
1. Plug the USB cable from your Phantom (port under the rubber flap) to your computer.
2. Run the PC Assistant.
3. Click skip, then login, or whatever until you get to the main screen.
4. Power on your Phantom.
5. If that doesn't get it connected, I wouldn't know what to do either.

RC Assistant, same general thing. Except run the RC Assistant and power up the RC.

Good god I would hate my life if this all didn't work for me. Good luck and I hope you get it working.

Step 3A. Power on RC controller/Transmitter

N017RW said:
Step 3A. Power on RC controller/Transmitter

Do you have to have the RC on for the Phantom to connect? I forget.

Oh and one more thing OP, cal the transmitter sticks first in the RC Assistant, then in the PC Assistant after that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20