New P2V+ - Green lights on but motors won't start

Reaction score
I'm hoping one of you might be able to help me figure this out.

I've had my P2V+ for two weeks and have had it out and flying four times. Yesterday I flew it around the yard, landed safely and called it a day.

Today I wanted to practice so I went through my start up procedure...
Remove guards
Power on remote (S1 & S2 in top position)
Power on range extender
Power on Drone
Link iPhone wifi to Phantom
Open DJI app
Wait for 6+ satelites
Perform compass calibration
Confirm slowly blinking green lights

At this point I pull RC sticks into bottom inside corners (5 & 7 o'clock)
Nothing happens.
The left stick sticks in the down lock position but I always release it immediately.
Upon release of left stick rear Drone lights flash red 3 times then return to slowly flashing green.

The motors do not come on.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong?

Screenshot of iPhone is attached.

Thanks in advance!
Rebecca

PS. I powered off and started again three times. I calibrated the compass two of those times.

Attachments

• IMG_3158.PNG
    IMG_3158.PNG
    205.4 KB · Views: 540
Did you plug into pc and check the error msg?

What firmware version are you using? 3.14, 3.08 etc:?
AzDroner, I don't know. I flew the drone out of the box and have never plugged it into my computer. I'm on a Mac. Will do that this morning. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Did you plug into pc and check the error msg?
Mako, No I didn't. I'll do that this morning. She flew right out of the box and so it never occurred to me to plug her into the computer. I'm on a Mac. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for responding.

Rebecca,

You have to download the RC and P2 Assistant software.

I say this because you mentioned: "I flew the drone out of the box and have never plugged it into my computer."

There's also a 'driver' as well (for a PC at least, not sure about Mac).

Read the manual. You want to do an IMU calibration, an RC stick calibration and a compass calibration. All of these are explained in the manual. Doing the calibrations provide your copter with stability and recognize your magnetic fiel variance. Be sure you have satellite lock and home lock before flying. Learn what the LED lights mean. They can save you from loosing your copter with a fly a way. Enjoy and be safe!

We have to further assume you are in 'Phantom Mode'.

The only 3 Red flash sequence I can find is: "Not Stationary or Sensor Bias is too big".

As RoyVa mentioned above you need to complete all the calibrations first.

RC controller (with the RC Assistant)
Phantom 2 (with the P2 Assistant)

Then IMU and lastly the Compass at your flying location.

Lot's of videos out there to show you this so don't panic.

Read the manual. You want to do an IMU calibration, an RC stick calibration and a compass calibration. All of these are explained in the manual. Doing the calibrations provide your copter with stability and recognize your magnetic fiel variance. Be sure you have satellite lock and home lock before flying. Learn what the LED lights mean. They can save you from loosing your copter with a fly a way. Enjoy and be safe!
RoyVa, Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am getting into it now. It's all a bit foreign but I'm committed to learning it all. I'll let you know how it goes.

We have to further assume you are in 'Phantom Mode'.

The only 3 Red flash sequence I can find is: "Not Stationary or Sensor Bias is too big".

As RoyVa mentioned above you need to complete all the calibrations first.

RC controller (with the RC Assistant)
Phantom 2 (with the P2 Assistant)

Then IMU and lastly the Compass at your flying location.

Lot's of videos out there to show you this so don't panic.
N017RW, thanks for the tips. I'm reading the manual now. I had only consulted the Quick Start Guide which only talks about compass calibration. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Thank you all so much for all the help. I downloaded the two assistants and fumbled my way through. I kept getting the message that it was too hot to calibrate properly and so tried cooling the drone down and restarted the process a few times. I then got fed up with that and just clicked okay and let it run and it calibrated and I got the green light. I've had it out twice since and the motors start up fine. It seemed a bit unstable but that just may have been because it is a bit windy.
Thanks again for all your help.

Awesome.

The temp. warning is one of those things which can create controversy here at times but I've always ignored it with no problems.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers