New P2V+ gimbal issue?

Reaction score
The gimbal on my new P2V+ V3 does not seem right to me. When powered up it is tilted a little to one side. It also does not seem to stabilize the video nearly as well as it should. Here is a waypoint video I made. Check it out and see if this looks normal to you?

https://youtu.be/DgBZ1nhoTzM

prostreetcamaro said:
The gimbal on my new P2V+ V3 does not seem right to me. When powered up it is tilted a little to one side. It also does not seem to stabilize the video nearly as well as it should. Here is a waypoint video I made. Check it out and see if this looks normal to you?

Check if you have activated the FPV MODE in your App Settings.

Settings_Page.jpg

jumanoc said:
prostreetcamaro said:

Check if you have activated the FPV MODE in your App Settings.

Settings_Page.jpg

Thank you I totally missed that! I do have that checked! Now to run out and uncheck it and try it again.

Did you do the Advanced IMU calibration with Naza Assistant ? That mus fix camera issue and that is a MUST-DO before flight.

jumanoc said:
Did you do the Advanced IMU calibration with Naza Assistant ? That mus fix camera issue and that is a MUST-DO before flight.

Yeah I have done that. I read some where that the final value should be around 3000 but mine is around 1500?

Here is the unchecked fpv mode. Much better! Cant really fly today it is so windy. I was rocking it hard up by the circle. So windy it didnt want to hover in place very well.

https://youtu.be/_455tIZPTZY

The video quality for FPV maybe low but filming is HD. Try another device (iPad - iPhone etc.) starting with Preview Settings at 320 x 240 and go higuer testing each one. It is normal that camera moves left-right as you move your YAW stick for compensating phantom movement. Get a flight video and post video to check.

jumanoc said:
The video quality for FPV maybe low but filming is HD. Try another device (iPad - iPhone etc.) starting with Preview Settings at 320 x 240 and go higuer testing each one. It is normal that camera moves left-right as you move your YAW stick for compensating phantom movement. Get a flight video and post video to check.

Im not talking about the fpv video. The 1080p recording is pretty bad. I have seen higher quality sharper videos from a cheap mobius cam. The recording quality is very sub par on the dji cam.

Ok so I broke outa level and found a perfectly level table. Calibrated the imu and the camera still leans a little. Wondering if I should just exchange it with bhphoto where I bought it or does somebody have an idea how to correct it?

prostreetcamaro said:
Ok so I broke outa level and found a perfectly level table. Calibrated the imu and the camera still leans a little. Wondering if I should just exchange it with bhphoto where I bought it or does somebody have an idea how to correct it?

If you have done a successful advanced IMU on a bubble/spirit levelled table and it still does not work, then send it back to BH.
Thanks

I'm having the same issue. Seems worse after upgrading from 3.08 to 3.12. I've done multiple calibrations and nothing is working.

Sentec said:
I'm having the same issue. Seems worse after upgrading from 3.08 to 3.12. I've done multiple calibrations and nothing is working.

I am sorry to hear your having the same issue but glad it's not just me. I might down grade tomorrow and see if that straightens it out.

You are right your video doesn't look that good. It looks a lot like my vPlus I recently replaced with a V3. The V3 has around 80% of all wiring wrapped in a sleeve cover. I had a problem with interference appearing in the video sometimes. I worked on it by routing some wiring. I opened the camera and checked to see if the rubber ring on the end and it was. Once finished with that I lowered the camera and gimbal unplugged the two and plugged them back in. Since then I have not had anymore interference, and the video has improved. Much more detail then what I have gotten use to seeing.

prostreetcamaro said:
jumanoc said:
Here is the unchecked fpv mode. Much better! Cant really fly today it is so windy. I was rocking it hard up by the circle. So windy it didnt want to hover in place very well.

https://youtu.be/_455tIZPTZY

That looks pretty good, you might have a very slight tilt, only really saw it when you landed.

prostreetcamaro said:
Sentec said:

I am sorry to hear your having the same issue but glad it's not just me. I might down grade tomorrow and see if that straightens it out.
I've sent an e-mail to DJI support. Will let you know if they offer a solution. I know there is a solution out there that requires opening up the back of the gimbal, but I'm afraid that might void the warranty. If no solution is given I'll be getting a replacement.

Picked up a Q500 today. Will test it out tomorrow and if I like it like I think I will I will just return the phantom. Just wish the Q500 had waypoint capabilities.

prostreetcamaro said:
Picked up a Q500 today. Will test it out tomorrow and if I like it like I think I will I will just return the phantom. Just wish the Q500 had waypoint capabilities.

You better hope they put enough solder under the 54328 or your q500 will be going back for repair. Our local hobby shop has had 2 failures now and I have seen several more on the forums.

prostreetcamaro said:

Hey Pro-Street,
Try using a new/different SD memory card. That corrected it for me a while back.

Moose

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl