Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

NEW P2V arrives Today

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by pinfish, Dec 13, 2013.

1. pinfish

My New P2V arrives today. Do I need to do anything special when it arrives? Downloads, updates, etc. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Noël

Noël Guest

Got mine today too :)

Read this viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4394

I've done the above and had 4 flight already (no problems what so ever)

3. Yeager

... anything special? Uh ... box it up and send it to me? :) Seriously though, make sure you update (http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/) to the latest firmware and have a great time with it. You will love it!

4. FASTFJR

Don't you guys know anything?…………………..its Friday the 13th. You can't open it up today :D

5. Noël

Noël Guest

Yes I know. That's why I nicknamed mine F13.

And if something really bad happens to F13 I can blame it on being a Friday the 13th model :)

6. jadebox

Congrats!

As the others said, update the firmware as described in the referenced post. Also, watch the tutorial videos from DJI then read through the PDF users manaul before you take it out to fly. Don't let excitement get you into too much of a rush. Then, have fun!

-- Roger

7. UAVInsurance

Congratulations!

After my first one fell from the sky and was replaced, I'm happy to say I completed two incident free flights yesterday with my new one. I'm cautiously optimistic but can say that I'm impressed with the performance, range and capabilities.

Have fun with it!

8. Qwadjok

I heard there were some issues with the firmware upgrades for the P2V. Anyone heard this?

9. jadebox

I think one person here has an open problem with the camera firmware update and someone had a problem with the antenna wire in the transmitter being pulled lose when the case was opened. All the others that had problems after any of the updates have been able to resolve the issues. And, people are generally only going to post when they have a problem. So, it's probably safe to assume that most all updates go smoothly.

-- Roger