New P2 Pilot (FPV, RANGE INCREASE)

Reaction score
Hi this is my first serious quadcopter after owning the hubsan x4 for a while. I intend on using it primarily for aerial videography.

First, I understand this is generic and theres many threads on it, but what fpv setup should I buy. I honestly have no idea what many of the terms mean on the website and feel as I need a good introduction book. But that aside, is there any good plug and play fpv options for this.

Second, if I am correct, the range is 1 km? What is the easiest way to increase this range.

Is there a missing 1000 page book on this stuff somewhere??? Seriously I'd love to read it lol :lol:

hjscm said:
to start maybe easy way would be to get dji avl 58 and mini osd. also might want to get new TX.

is it plug and play? also how much does a new tx cost? Is it hard to install? What exactly is it? A beginner's sticky would be awesome. I'd be down to write one after I learn everything. I assume tx is transmitter, but thats all I know. Don't know where it plugs into and what not, if it works with the stock receiver, etc.

not really plug and play but close. the wires are all ready outside of phantom. just need to solder them together. lots of pictures on this site. the stock receiver is compatible with futaba, thats plug and play.

adamgoodsell46 said:
Hi this is my first serious quadcopter after owning the hubsan x4 for a while. I intend on using it primarily for aerial videography.

First, I understand this is generic and theres many threads on it, but what fpv setup should I buy. I honestly have no idea what many of the terms mean on the website and feel as I need a good introduction book. But that aside, is there any good plug and play fpv options for this.

Second, if I am correct, the range is 1 km? What is the easiest way to increase this range.

Is there a missing 1000 page book on this stuff somewhere??? Seriously I'd love to read it lol :lol:

There is a plug and play fpv system online. Google "firstpersonview". I'm about to order the plug and play cable for my fatshark attitude goggles.

none of them are going to be plug and play. your still going to need to solder the wires or add connectors. the wires coming out of phantom are bare. the mini iosd is the only plug and play part but still need video from camera and back out to video tx

hjscm said:
none of them are going to be plug and play. your still going to need to solder the wires or add connectors. the wires coming out of phantom are bare. the mini iosd is the only plug and play part but still need video from camera and back out to video tx

Go to firstpersonview.com. There is a plug and play cable. I just ordered it after extensive research because I have the Fatshark Attitudes. Soldering just isn't my thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub