Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New P2 Pilot (FPV, RANGE INCREASE)

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by adamgoodsell46, Jan 7, 2014.

1. adamgoodsell46

Hi this is my first serious quadcopter after owning the hubsan x4 for a while. I intend on using it primarily for aerial videography.

First, I understand this is generic and theres many threads on it, but what fpv setup should I buy. I honestly have no idea what many of the terms mean on the website and feel as I need a good introduction book. But that aside, is there any good plug and play fpv options for this.

Second, if I am correct, the range is 1 km? What is the easiest way to increase this range.

Is there a missing 1000 page book on this stuff somewhere??? Seriously I'd love to read it lol :lol:

2. adamgoodsell46

Also is there an altimeter or something of the sort so I know when I'm about to go out of range?

3. hjscm

to start maybe easy way would be to get dji avl 58 and mini osd. also might want to get new TX.

4. adamgoodsell46

is it plug and play? also how much does a new tx cost? Is it hard to install? What exactly is it? A beginner's sticky would be awesome. I'd be down to write one after I learn everything. I assume tx is transmitter, but thats all I know. Don't know where it plugs into and what not, if it works with the stock receiver, etc.

5. hjscm

not really plug and play but close. the wires are all ready outside of phantom. just need to solder them together. lots of pictures on this site. the stock receiver is compatible with futaba, thats plug and play.

6. Avidphoto

There is a plug and play fpv system online. Google "firstpersonview". I'm about to order the plug and play cable for my fatshark attitude goggles.

7. hjscm

none of them are going to be plug and play. your still going to need to solder the wires or add connectors. the wires coming out of phantom are bare. the mini iosd is the only plug and play part but still need video from camera and back out to video tx

8. Avidphoto

Go to firstpersonview.com. There is a plug and play cable. I just ordered it after extensive research because I have the Fatshark Attitudes. Soldering just isn't my thing.