New P2 owner with some questions.

Reaction score
I am looking into add the vision plus to my non vision. I already have a decent go pro but I was wanting to have the ability to you the wifi options. Be able to use my phone to see what my go pro is seeing. Maybe even have the flight data.

What would be the best way to be able to do this option with my go pro?

why not add a FPV system to your P2?

Is that better? Again, Im a noob. Looking for the best route.

You'll need a mini iOSD, 5,8Ghz transmitter, plug n play cable (for both units) and a diversity monitor/receiver. Below in red is a list of equipment I use for FPV (first person view).

You could just velcro your gopro to the phantom, turn on its wifi and hook it to your phone.
The range isn't great on the gopro wifi though, 100ft or so.

There are other options if you want more range as above.

What is the total investment? Does it give you battery, height, and other feeds?

The guy I bought it from said he did this "Quadcopter is like new and has all of the DJI Naza v2 features". What does that mean?

You could just velcro your gopro to the phantom, turn on its wifi and hook it to your phone.
The range isn't great on the gopro wifi though, 100ft or so.

There are other options if you want more range as above.

Don't do that with a P2 NV.

The control carrier is 2.5GHz too.

The guy I bought it from said he did this "Quadcopter is like new and has all of the DJI Naza v2 features". What does that mean?

Being new to is you may want to scale back those feature to the basic phantom mode in P2 software until such time as you have some flight under your belt.

FPV equipment can run between $250 - $350.

Scale back what features?

what he is saying is don't worry about naza for now.

with that said, you should download all the owners manual and the naza manual from the DJI website.

lots of videos on naza on youtube.

I just checked and I have been flying it from the beginning in Naza mode. Thank you for the info on that.

Other question. When dealing with aftermarket parts. Should you stick to DJI? Any aftermarket companies you can trust?

Just out of curiosity if u added the vision+ gimble with the camera to a phantom 2 that originally came with a go pro gimble, would u actually be able to use those wifi features that come standard on the vision+ models? I'm also new to this and I actually have been wondering that myself

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj