Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New P2 maiden flight - crash...

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by darren, Jul 9, 2014.

1. darren

Hi,

Received my P2 + Zenmuse H3-3D today.

All set up okay, and did a quick test flight. I couldn't get it to just hover when I took my hands off the controls. It kept drifting in an arc, and at one point just lost power. The battery was 100% at the start, and about 35% when I finally stopped. I'll need to fly it again to see if the drift is always in the same direction.

I managed a couple of crashes. No obvious damage other than scuffs (no chips or dents) to the props.

I updated the firmware before the first flight, and completed the compass calibration.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any idea what I should do?

Thanks

Darren.

2. TodayTrader

Do you have video?

3. Detroit

Are you waiting for it to get a solid GPS lock? Did you you do the advanced IMU calibration? Are you sure you calibrated the compass correctly?

4. darren

Hi,

Quick update: I've had full GPS lock on all flights, and calibrated the compass. I went out the other day for another flight and put a new set of props on. I didn't get any problems with that flight. I can only assume that either the props were faulty in some way, or (more likely...) the first crash I had damaged them in some way.

Regards

Darren.

5. 4wd

4wd

It would fly surprisingly normally even with serious chunks out of the props.
    The drifting sounds like it was in ATTI mode or did not have enough satellites, that could happen during the flight,even if you had enough at take-off.
    It wouldn't explain the power loss though