New P2: H3-2D not working and won't update

Reaction score
Just got my second P2 after the first flyaway.

Tried to immediately update the controller to 1.0.8 the thing failed and the P2 spazzed out, weird red lights etc. Managed to power cycle and get it to update successfully the second time...

Now trying the gimbal update, tried several times (about 10 actually) and it keeps failing. The gimbal doesn't work at at all.

The software shows this first:

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-24%20at%2014.25.55.png

...then it strangely disappears to show this:

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-24%20at%2013.27.55.png

Needless to say my confidence in DJI software, after my unexplainable flyaway, is on shaky ground already.

Any ideas what's going on?

BTW:

I'm in NAZAM mode.

The X1 seems to be working fine but the gimbal just does nothing when USB is unplugged and the rotors are on.

Screen%20Shot%202014-02-24%20at%2014.29.19.png

I've now tried to update the gimbal several times using the Windows app.

Considering the gimbal is lifeless and judging by the garbled hardware ID in the previous screenshots, I've have come to the conclusion the gimbal is faulty / DOA and sent it back to the supplier.

:roll: I wish Apple made drones.

Just to update this post for brevity:

I sent it back and got a replacement which now works as expected. My new gimbal also now registers the correct hardware ID for both IMU and CMU and the update from 0.8 (how it came) to 1.8 was successful, although the app still reports the IMU version number to be 0.8 -- unless I click the 'Latest Version' link again which reports 'Current version 1.8. / Latest version 1.8'

I have a hunch that the IMU software in the gimbal itself is the issue, not the hardware as the GoPro was getting power and the gimbal light was working. It feels like it left the factory with no firmware which is perhaps why updating the IMU didn't work for me and why it reported version 0.0. The updates look like they are incremental, so if there is nothing to increment, it would certainly explain the issue.

Of course I may be wrong, especially if your gimbal worked then the controller update, or another update, broke your gimbal software. Mine never worked out of the box.

Either way, if anyone is experiencing similar weird results like I have shown above and the unit is new, send it back for replacement and link to this post.

Hope this helps.

There have been other people with issues applying that firmware. I am wondering if there is a specific sequence of events that causes it or if it is limited to certain gimbals as they leave the factory. I updated mine shortly after updating everything else and other than some horizon drift, I've had no problems with it.

I have the exact same problems as described by Jaybee in the screen shots. Mine flew great for about a month. I was really happy until i went to do the firmware update. Now the gimbal is limp,

It is not so easy to send mine back to the supplier as it was bought from Hong Kong, delivered to the UK and I am now in Finland.

Has anybody managed to resolve this without shipping the unit/s back.

Thanks G

gerg said:
I have the exact same problems as described by Jaybee in the screen shots. Mine flew great for about a month. I was really happy until i went to do the firmware update. Now the gimbal is limp,

It is not so easy to send mine back to the supplier as it was bought from Hong Kong, delivered to the UK and I am now in Finland.

Has anybody managed to resolve this without shipping the unit/s back.

Thanks G

Maybe try and contact DJI and see if there is somehow a way to flash the gimbal with a previous firmware version. That's about the only thing I can think may help.

Hi Jaybee,

My supplier has come to the party and agreed to replace the Gimbal.

They are happy to ship a new one once I send the shipping number (airmail) of the old one . i.e. they will not wait until they receive the old one before shipping me a new unit. As least the process should be a bit quicker.

Thanks again

gerg said:
Hi Jaybee,

My supplier has come to the party and agreed to replace the Gimbal.

They are happy to ship a new one once I send the shipping number (airmail) of the old one . i.e. they will not wait until they receive the old one before shipping me a new unit. As least the process should be a bit quicker.

Thanks again
Cool, that's decent of them. It's a pain having to play equipment tennis.

No worries.Have fun when you get it sorted, they are great when they work as expected :).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj