New owners and would be owners will be mad

Reaction score
massive price drop soon... don't buy! or get rid of your phantom if you were thinking about it... soon.

d4ddyo said:
massive price drop soon... don't buy! or get rid of your phantom if you were thinking about it... soon.
How do you define "massive"?

OI Photography said:
Are you talking about the price drops on the whole P2 line that were announced (officially anyway) today?

DIdn't realize they announced it today. but yeah... pretty big drop.

Ummm.... a) around $100-200 drop depending on model... not really "massive", and b) they also announced that they would refund the difference for newer purchases.

But thanks for playing.

Stinks for me. I bought my Plus 4 weeks ago from B&H, so I am cut off from the refund. 10 days seems a bit on the lean side, though.

OTOH, price drops happen on a lot of products. Not all companies offer refunds for recent purchases.

Maybe they could make it up to me by releasing the update that enables the 7th channel on the TX. That would lessen the pain.

Refunds coming from DJI. Not dealers. From what I understand the dealers aren't getting rebates. $200 is not massive... but if you knew about it... is it enough that you would expect a refund?

Came down quick and funny how it happened around the 3DR Iris + launch.

d4ddyo said:
Came down quick and funny how it happened around the 3DR Iris + launch.

Everything happens in Sept/Oct in preparation to the all-important Christmas season. DJI will release Phantom 3 and it has nothing to do with Iris. Both DJI and 3DR are preparing for Christmas.

d4ddyo said:
DIdn't realize they announced it today. but yeah... pretty big drop.

The price appears to have dropped, in the UK at least, by between 5-10%. I wouldn't personally consider this to be "massive".

I bought mine from Amazon and I asked about price matching and they said it was 10 days for a refund. But they did give me $5 credit on my next purchase. But it's already spent. I bought one of those multi battery charger bars. Ended up only costing me $2. lol.

Happens with everything. Never bothers me. I did wait to buy extra batteries and then the price dropped. That made me happy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4