new owner with a few questions

Reaction score
I just purchased phantom 2 vision. Is there a feature where I can just hit a button and have it land automatically?

Welcome to the Forum !
Yes it is , it's called RTH . Return To Home . It comes back and returns to where your HP is and lands .
There's 2 ways to do it but I would study the manual a lot before I started anything to get an understanding of your choices on what ya have in your hands . ;)

As mentioned above, kind of. If you just want to land straight down you can simply pull the left joystick down and the drone will "land". But more likely you will want the drone to fly back to where it took off and land. Yes, read the manual and then read it again. Watch YouTube videos on Return To Home or IOC. This flight mode is not enabled out of the box.

tcope said:
As mentioned above, kind of. If you just want to land straight down you can simply pull the left joystick down and the drone will "land". But more likely you will want the drone to fly back to where it took off and land. Yes, read the manual and then read it again. Watch YouTube videos on Return To Home or IOC. This flight mode is not enabled out of the box.
I believe RTH is by just cutting off TX but I don't recommend doing that . Much better in to be in naza and have S1 set to it .
Like ya said though ya can learn a lot from You-Tube ;)

dirkclod said:
I believe RTH is by just cutting off TX but I don't recommend doing that . Much better in to be in naza and have S1 set to it .
Like ya said though ya can learn a lot from You-Tube ;)

quick FYI for you mate - setting the S1 toggle to trigger RTH isn't a Naza Mode thing - it works the same in stock / Phantom mode. the switch isn't RTH by default, you do have to go into the Assistant software and set the toggle to trigger RTH, but you do NOT have to be in Naza mode for it to work.

Dawgs - I use the RTH feature all the time to make the Phantom fly itself back "home" (overhead) but imo manually landing the craft is safer than letting it COMPLETELY land itself... it's just moving down until it senses it isn't anymore... autoland will sometimes bounce or tip over and you'll break props. So sure, use the RTH feature to make it fly back home, but I'd switch back to your control for the final landing. I actually catch all the time I never land on the ground anymore.

Welcome to the forum!

In case you don't know, there is a manual that you can download from DJI. It is more thourgh than the little 'manual' that came with it. Someone re-wrote that manual, so it would be easier to read. Does anyone here have a link to it?

PhantomFanatic said:
Welcome to the forum!

In case you don't know, there is a manual that you can download from DJI. It is more thourgh than the little 'manual' that came with it. Someone re-wrote that manual, so it would be easier to read. Does anyone here have a link to it?
This might be what you are referring to . https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mce ... e.pdf?dl=0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers