New owner here with a few questions

Reaction score
I bought a used Phantom 2 and I noticed that one of the rotors comes real close to the body of the drone at the tip than the other three. I can still fly it though, is this normal? If not how can I fix it? I would like to get a camera setup, what is the cheapest option? I was flying this yesterday and I went a little far and lost orientation but was luckily able to get it back, if I would have turned the remote off would it have flown back? I am not real sure about the switches and there functions exactly. I did figure out if I turn the s1 switch off of gps it flies much faster.

I bought a used Phantom 2 and I noticed that one of the rotors comes real close to the body of the drone at the tip than the other three. I can still fly it though, is this normal? If not how can I fix it? I would like to get a camera setup, what is the cheapest option? I was flying this yesterday and I went a little far and lost orientation but was luckily able to get it back, if I would have turned the remote off would it have flown back? I am not real sure about the switches and there functions exactly. I did figure out if I turn the s1 switch off of gps it flies much faster.

Phantom 2 Vision - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

you need to DL the windows driver, the assistant software, the RC software assistant.
ALSO the manual
as far as auto return home, that is a feature you can activate in the assistant software when connected tot the phantom.
DO NOT assume it is on already if you do not know.

The tip almost hitting the quad says it was crashed and body or motor mount somewhat bent or shifted. How well will it fly? hard to say but be carefull as that will cause some motors to work harder to "equalize" the offset on that arm

READ the manual and you will keep your phantom longer than if you don't!

good luck and have fun flying!

I'm a new pilot as well. Make sure you caliberate our bird with the softwares and caliberate the compass. I've taken mine up a handful of times and loving it. I'm also going to add an FPV later on down the road but in the meantime just using a gopro for video.

As a new pilot, make sure to leave the P2 in "phantom mode". You'll know what i"m talking about as you read the manual or learn more as you go. As for the switches, the only ones that you really need to concern yourself about are the S1 switches. That gives you the option to put it in "failsafe" mode incase you lose site of it and it'll come back to you, or just turn the RC off. I honestly still need to test that feature out.

Swap props and see if doing so makes a difference that prop may have bad hub causing the problem. Also make sure those DJI stock props if then are the numbers on them should be 9443 or 9450 on the leading edge near the hub and DJI will be on the other side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20