New (Out OF Box) P2 non V - Red LED on Controller?

Reaction score
Hello All,

Any reason you know that a brand new P2 controller would fire up red on a Phantom 2 new base version?

I'll probably start doing the firmware dance tomorrow, just wanted to know if I was missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance to all the flyers out there...

I would say the battery/batteries are low or dead.

aerophantom said:
Hello All,

Any reason you know that a brand new P2 controller would fire up red on a Phantom 2 new base version?

I'll probably start doing the firmware dance tomorrow, just wanted to know if I was missing something obvious.

If you're talking a Phantom2, non-vision, with 2.4Ghz non-LiPo powered Tx...

Solid Red = Normal
Fast blink and beep = Low batt.(4.0-4.3v)
Slow blink and beep = 15 minute inactivity notification

aerophantom said:
Hello All,

Charge the RC controller and P2 smart battery as there not shipped fully charged.

Thanks all for your responses. N017RW - great Zappa quote, and I think your info is right on. I have an earlier P2 non-V on which the tx (on power up) beeps three times quickly then lights solid green. Meanwhile, my new controller silently goes to red led on power up, but both tx's fire up the motors on the separate birds and seem totally responsive.

I would have normally just tried to fire it up (new bird, red light), but I had a firmware nightmare with the first P2 a few weeks back, and I spent a couple days trying to get the tx power up light from yellow to green...

Model differences? Time of production? Am I missing something that's gonna make me bawl when one of the birds drops from 400 feet?

All of your input is appreciated - What a helpful and positively responsive group of internet folk.

Thanks Flyers...

Ditto on Red being normal. If you haven't done so already, download the real manual from DJI and study it over and over. The bit about the Red light on the transmitter, is in there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20