New Orleans

Reaction score
I'm heading there for a family-friendly vacation (leaving tomorrow morning). I am seriously considering taking the P4. Does anyone have experience flying around the French Quarter (away from people - perhaps over the river) and/or on swamp tours or plantation tours?
Should I just leave the P4 at home?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't use it around the Quarter, but that's just me.
I would take it and use it when/where it made sense and was safe and hassle free to do so.

If you leave it behind, you will forever regret it. Isn't this exactly why you bought it, a camera drone, in the first place. I would launch from a quite park or vacant spot near the beach. Fly high and away from attention. ;-)
Have fun, post some pics or video when you return. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

See here: New Orleans by drone. ;-)
Here's another, 4K
Have a great trip.. Don't forget the beads. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
See here: New Orleans by drone. ;-)
Here's another, 4K
Have a great trip.. Don't forget the beads. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Excellent! You've motivated me and given me some great ideas!

That is some sick footage! Did you have to slow down the footage post production or did you fly it at the speed of the video? Also, did you use an app like Litchi or Autopilot for some of the footage? My aim is to one day produce quality work like your video. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi bud, these aren't either of my videos, I live in Alberta. I was simply demonstrating that drones do indeed fly and record awesome video in the Mardi Gras city. And for the OP to most Definately bring his Phantom with him for his memorable planned trip there. Should be fun.
If you link the vids to YouTube, you can contact the folks who have so kindly uploaded them to their channels.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
What's up all? Had an accident with my drone. Bought a new one and need to have a new gimbal and have the fpv transmitter and receiver placed on the replacement drone. Anyone have any ideas? Im in New Orleans. Thanx in advance.

I'm heading there for a family-friendly vacation (leaving tomorrow morning). I am seriously considering taking the P4. Does anyone have experience flying around the French Quarter (away from people - perhaps over the river) and/or on swamp tours or plantation tours?
Should I just leave the P4 at home?

Bad idea as there is no 'away from people' in the Quarter, tons of overhead lines, loads of drunks, and lots of PD and troopers. Also, NOLA as family friendly?!? That aint NOLA I know. If your driving, drive out to the defunct six flags. You can launch from the access road or in front of the parking lot - its cool as hell from the air. You also have a nature preserve/swap to the east of that and Lk Pontch to the west.

I love my drone, but honestly bourbon street can't compete with it. I'm afraid I wouldn't get much flight time in if I took another trip over there. :)

^There's always one of those guys in every crowd. I'm sure everything you do is better than everything everybody else does. Congrats for winning the pissing contest that nobody else knew we were having.

Reactions: timmer
^There's always one of those guys in every crowd. I'm sure everything you do is better than everything everybody else does. Congrats for winning the pissing contest that nobody else knew we were having.

Hey drunkpenguin, for a new person you should be more respectful of the of the people that have been here for a while. Also, since I was born and raised in New Orleans, I believe I have a valid point of view.

What are your creds?

My Dad had an art studio on Bourbon Street when I was a kid. He was NOPD for 15 years, and after that he was a bartender for another 15 years in the FQ and lakefront.

Please tell me how you know more about this area than I do.

Last edited:
You came at me, why would I show you respect? Calling someone an amateur for visiting the one place in New Orleans that anyone outside of New Orleans has ever heard of is rude. New or not, I'm not gonna take that. If you want to make a suggestion like biggles did that would be fine, but you had to go about it in a way that belittles someone else to make yourself look superior and I don't respond well to people like that.

Reactions: Topdawgi

I came at you? I'm just saying what I know. Again, what do YOU know about New Orleans that I don't know?

Last edited:
Eh, so how about them super talented Neville Bro's?
I sure like them feel good songs and all the varieties of incredible music they play. ;-)

A little tribute to Canadian Leonard Cohen...

RedHotPoker

What's up all? Had an accident with my drone. Bought a new one and need to have a new gimbal and have the fpv transmitter and receiver placed on the replacement drone. Anyone have any ideas? Im in New Orleans. Thanx in advance.
Welcome to the forum and Phantom extended family. ;-)
May I politely ask you to, Please start a new thread in the drone specific area of your model and others will kindly respond and give you assistance.
Placing this inquiry here in this way, it won't really be seen by enough people to help you specifically with your phantom concerns or technical issues. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4