New or Second hand.

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking into buying a P3A, but do I buy new or second hand from the likes of eBay.

As a second hand one in the UK can be had for £100 less than a new one, the saving could get me another battery.

What do you think?

Thanks.

I'm VERY leery of buying an R/C aircraft 2nd hand. I don't think I'd risk it over $100

+1
Stranger Danger!
Friends and/or associates... maybe.

I prefer to buy a new one.

You would also be getting a used battery and not getting a warranty.

Not enough price difference.

You don't know what a second hand one has been through could have many problems that don't get noticed straight away best off getting a new one

I also get the impression that DJI won't entertain a warranty claim without the original receipt? which seems unfair if you are the first and only registered flyer on their app.

buy new. I bought used and in the middle of a crazy warranty claim that is hard to do. If you trust someone and they have orginal proof of purchase you might consider it.

It would have to be half of retail, plus assurance that it works perfectly, plus a money back guarantee if it doesn't work perfectly.

Otherwise, I'd go new.

I bought a P3A 2nd hand from London Camera Exchange. They have a second hand section on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered a refurbished unit from DJI? I ordered mine from the DJI website. It looks like new, came with the standard warranty and I saved $120.

Yeah My first one (standard) was DJI refurb. Brand new looking, flew perfectly, 2 day shipping. I was very happy with it.

Hi,

Looking into buying a P3A, but do I buy new or second hand from the likes of eBay.

As a second hand one in the UK can be had for £100 less than a new one, the saving could get me another battery.

What do you think?

Thanks.
Only and only if you can test it at the field. A visual comprehensive inspection and tl least 2 complete flights.

In the EU, by law, the manufacturer has to honor the 2 year warranty, regardless if you bought it new or used. The UK is still in the EU, but that may not last long :D. The OEM may require the original invoice, but it doesnt have to be in your name.

That said, £100 seems like a small rebate for a used one. When I bought mine, asking price was around 70% of list price, and after noticing the gimbal was bent and 2 motors running rough, I took it home for for around 1/3 of list price ;). The battery had just 7 flights on her.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj