New or old motors phantom 3

Reaction score
Hi chaps hows everyone.just like to say love the site .love reading all about your drones but have a problem.purchased my phantom 3 advanced 2 weeks ago with old motors .been in touch with the shop i purchased from and they said i can swap it for one with new motors .my problem is what do i do swap for new motors or stay with old ones just dont no.

The old motors perform just as well as the new motors as far as everyone can tell.

Thats what i thought but just worried about swapping for new just in case they not as good.

GAry. Are you saying you can't get the older style motors any more?

See thats whats worrying they say to streamline production so is somethink being sacraficed

They have them listed on DJI site. Buy Phantom 3 Spare Parts | DJI Store

But I see what you are saying. But I suspect I could still buy motors for the P2 or P1. and they would be even older motors.

The P4, when ever it shows up will likely have something else. Them we will all have old motors. It's evolution.o_O

I see where your coming from .so one fellow drone to another what would you do keep old or go new

I have a P3A on order from DJI china. I hope it has the new motors. But I also hope it does not have the out of focus problem others have been having.
If it has a good camera, flys well and doesn't run away from home, I will be happy.:)

I don't think there is a choice. Unless you can buy from a local shop that has stock.

Why do you recommend new?
They're shinier and more streamlined..... You can go faster.

It is interesting that even DJI is still selling older models with apparently 1.19 firmware from their stock. Kinda implies that they have a couple of warehouses full. Maybe they miscalculated demand over the holiday season.

Kinda makes me wonder where all the returned units go.

Had the original version first, send it to warranty repair - bought new one and sold the original one later. New, quieter and battery seems to last 2-3mins more. 19min flights, -27C and still some juice left. Similar weather with older ones, 17mins.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.