New, need help with alarming noise and lights

Reaction score
I just bought a P2V. After charging everything, I tried to update to 1.08 from 1.05. I plugged in the USB from my iMac to my P2V and then turned it on. My Vision goes into an extremely loud alarm and flashes red. The updater was saying "updating, please wait" for over 10 min. I could no longer bear the noise so I did a no-no and unplugged the USB cable. Nothing changed. I then turned the battery off. I tried turning the battery back on and it instantly went back into the same alarm mode. Is there something very simple I am not doing? I searched the forums for quite some time and I haven't seen anything like this so far.

Just curious, was your transmitter turned on?

After the usual slightly musical (but loud!) beeps when you turn on, when doing a firmware update there should be a beeping noise from the Vision, but the Assistant should tell you that the firnware has successfully updated. At which point you just switch the Vision off and on again, it should reconnect to the Assistant and confirm you are on the latest firmware.

You always need to turn the transmitter on first before turning on your Vision (indoors or out, props on or off) both for safety (to avoid the Vision listening to some other radio source and possibly heading off) and so when plugged in you can calibrate the transmitter (always advised after a firnware update).

Yes I did have the Tx on. When I turn it on it does the normal music. It then beeps a little faster than once per second at a very loud tone with the red LEDs flashing constantly.

Just tried updating a third time. This time it magically worked. The first two times the update froze. Im sure this had something to do with the crazy alarm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic