NEW mini4 (iOS 9) issue

IOS 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 with GO reinstalled does not work at all for me on P3P and Mini 2. Screen will lag, start to flicker and then go gray for 15 to 30 seconds.
I've read similar posts. I've had two iPad mini 2's, never on iOS 9. One would get really hot in ten minutes and start lagging. I think the A7 chip, especially in heavily used Mini's is just not enough for iOS 9. Mine was getting pushed to the limit on 8.4. I upgraded to the iPad Air 2.

I just downloaded everything and test flew mp P3P with my new iPAD mini 4 and huge video lag. (the mini-4 has the same power as the Air 2) so I'm assuming it a software glitch. I tried it with Autopilot as well and same video glitch. Sold my mini 2 so I stuck with my iPhone 6+ until I would expect a firmware update.
I am never ceasing to be amazed that one person has issues with a certain phone, either Android or Apple and others it works perfectly. it boggles my mind why?. I just bought a ipad mini 4 wifi/cellular 64 gb and it works like a dream!. Is yours a 64gb or higher?, Do you use it in Airplane Mode? I use mine with no Airplane Mode, but turn off wifi and bluetooth so as to keep cellular on.

iPad mini 4 working perfectly here too. Not sure what causes the difference amongst those with the same device. My iPhone 6 worked great too, but the Mini 4 has been great and I find the screen size to be perfect

Just flew iPad mini 4 with hardware acceleration on in DJI GO 2.3.0. Worked great.

I am never ceasing to be amazed that one person has issues with a certain phone, either Android or Apple and others it works perfectly. it boggles my mind why?. I just bought a ipad mini 4 wifi/cellular 64 gb and it works like a dream!. Is yours a 64gb or higher?, Do you use it in Airplane Mode? I use mine with no Airplane Mode, but turn off wifi and bluetooth so as to keep cellular on.
Exact same one.
I tried it both ways - New DGI Go App seem to have fixed the problem, though I had the App crash today but it restarted rarely fast and my drone was only 10 yards away

I also have the iPad mini 4 wifi + cellular 64GB, with iOS 9.0.2 and DJI GO 2.3.0
P3A with latest software, flew it for the first time yesterday after waiting for decent wether, everything was smooth in the app. I think the screen size is perfect.

For those having the new app crash when starting video: remove the app completely and reinstall from the app store. You will have to put your (app) settings again, but this solves the crash problem. Also most settings are stored on the P3 itself - only the video/photo settings are not.

Reactions: jryser
Exact same one.
I tried it both ways - New DGI Go App seem to have fixed the problem, though I had the App crash today but it restarted rarely fast and my drone was only 10 yards away
Glad for your success!, Matt, there is one issue I do have with the ipad mini 4 and was wondering if you have it to as we have same Tabs and assume ios version 9.0.2, is that the red airplane triangle on my map when I look at it is pointed in wrong direction , not straight ahead the way the nose of P3P is facing, unless I unlock the little red/blue icon needle in top right, then it switches the red aircraft icon in the map the correct direction, Called DJI, says it's a ios 9.0 > issue , not compatible yet, told me to get a Android listed as approved, Yeah Right, I told him I do not have the money to blow on tabs everytime either DJI or Apple does a upgrade!

There are tons of posts about the problems with IOS 9x. Check out mine or Ronbo.mn. I am not going to repeat everything I have stated, but with GO 2.0 and IOS 8.4 and a mini 2 it worked perfect. With the IOS 9x update it went to hell. Terrible lags, posted somewhere here. Upgraded to Mini 4 and the first 3-4 flights were perfect. The last couple have had a few lags, but I have not turned off multitasking. Although I have read it does not make a difference. DJI needs to update for IOS 9x to work for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.