Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Mexico Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Omniround, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Omniround

I am in the process of buying a Phantom and shopping around. Found a couple deals but don't know if they are as good as I can do. I am a long time photographer and started to get into helis awhile back ended when my heli got lost...no, not while flying, while moving :)

Consider the Pro as I hate to buy old technology.

Thanks in advance for this forum!

Lew

2. GreggC

Your best bet is the P3P straight from the DJI website...$999, its a steal.
    Im in Rio rancho NM, hit me up if you need any help.

3. Omniround

Hello.....I just pulled the trigger...

First I went through Be Frugal for 2% back, then bought the p3p, case, 32gb card, $10 GC, cleaning kit, for $999. They have a $15 off $500, but by adding a $2 filler item it brought the price to $1001 then I got $20 off with the promo code. So that comes to about $50 off the $999 and the case, card, and clng kit free....thought it was a good deal :)

BTW, I am in RR, 528 and Southern...do you have a suggested or preferred "safe" launching spot in this area? It is one thing to crash it, it is another thing to take out someone :)

Thanks!

4. GreggC

I am at 528 and Obregon, I fly from my front yard, typically going north for distance or east over the river.

5. Omniround

Maybe you were the one who wrote something about launching from their driveway. Moved here from MN where I had 20 acres in the middle of a section with no one else living in it....from that to being in a residential area. I have seen small drones in the area.

6. m0j0

You have a ton of options in RR.. NM is great for flying. So many open areas.

7. Omniround

Thanks Mojo.... There is a lot of natural beauty in the state to capture. I also have a business purpose as I do real estate photography. Getting more and more demands to provide aerial photography. I hope to mix some business and pleasure.