New memory card

Reaction score
So I've been previously using The memory card which is supplied with the P3 pro and also a sandisk extreme 32gb sdhc. Never had Any problems. I usually playback on my smart TV or ipad with sd adaptor.

I recently bought a new memory card Sandisk extreme pro 64 gb sdxc
The footage records perfect it plays back on my iPad but it doesn't seem to want to play back on any of my smart TVs. None of my tv are in 4k. But all my recordings on in 1080p 50 frames per second. I have formatted the memory card in the P3 Too.

My thoughts are..
Have I been sold a dodgy memory card ?
Is the new memory card to fast?
Sdxc?

My TVs are about 1 to 2 years old and never had problems before. The memory card is not corrupted I checked on the laptop. It plays back on a laptop and every other device apart from TV

Does anybody know what's going on.....

I am using a USB adapter for sd card. it's always worked for you before I haven't changed any video settings

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
I would say its your television but 1080p is not so demanding in terms of processing speed. what happens when you want to play the movie, is it choppy video or something else?
if its choppy video then its tv specs, if it doesnt show anything at all its probably your tv doesnt support dji codecs.

on the flip side I am always skeptical with sandisk cards. because it is the mainstream media storage, its more likely to have a fake card then original. however i dont think its the case with you

I would say its your television but 1080p is not so demanding in terms of processing speed. what happens when you want to play the movie, is it choppy video or something else?
if its choppy video then its tv specs, if it doesnt show anything at all its probably your tv doesnt support dji codecs.

on the flip side I am always skeptical with sandisk cards. because it is the mainstream media storage, its more likely to have a fake card then original. however i dont think its the case with you

It says USB error

Oh, wait, I wasn't reading carefully. I bet your USB SD card reader doesn't support XC. Try sticking USB with SD in computer.

As I mentioned it already works on the computer..

My TV used to play it with the old memory card. Exactly same format.MOV

Reactions: Jussaguy
It's tricky and this is where a lot of people get caught. From 32GB to 64GB the microSD standard goes from Micro SDHC to Micro SDXC and these are fundamental changes to it's architecture. So different hardware will have issues addressing those higher capacity cards due to this.

After doing some reading and thinking maybe something to do with the formats fat 32 and ex fat. Has anybody not come across these issues.?

Who's that?
The one and only "uptolevel6" ask him so long as you have a good 2 hours to read his response...only joking he is very informative in this matter! I recently bought a
SanDisk Extreme SDHC memory card Class 10 - 32GB very happy with it.

Could be. ExFAT is default format for SD cards larger then 32gb. It is very possible that exFAT is not supported in TV-s. Format card manualy on FAT32 in your PC, copy Phantom video on it and try playing on TV

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Turbazz
What are you recording at?

You are right about two things. When you change two things in a variable and you no longer get the answer, it's almost always the variance.

Most likely it's not the card, therefore it's probably the TV. Assuming the cable from your reader didn't go bad in the process of you changing over, your new TV might not be able to play at whatever you are recording.

I can find that out in two seconds if you tell me what you are recording at (not just 2.7k or 4k, but also frame rate and refresh rate) as both of those things are what might not make it work.

Extreme example: Let's say you've been recording in PAL and not NTSC (of which you are not recording either most likely) and all of a sudden you had a TV that played back both and then all of a sudden you put it in a TV that only plays NTSC, your PAL which is a European format won't play.

SO, back to where we were. Give me the EXACT size, refresh rate and FPS.

ALSO what TV it is and I'll tell you if your TV can play it. My guess is the TV cant play what you are recording and thats it.

What are you recording at?

You are right about two things. When you change two things in a variable and you no longer get the answer, it's almost always the variance.

Most likely it's not the card, therefore it's probably the TV. Assuming the cable from your reader didn't go bad in the process of you changing over, your new TV might not be able to play at whatever you are recording.

I can find that out in two seconds if you tell me what you are recording at (not just 2.7k or 4k, but also frame rate and refresh rate) as both of those things are what might not make it work.

Extreme example: Let's say you've been recording in PAL and not NTSC (of which you are not recording either most likely) and all of a sudden you had a TV that played back both and then all of a sudden you put it in a TV that only plays NTSC, your PAL which is a European format won't play.

SO, back to where we were. Give me the EXACT size, refresh rate and FPS.

ALSO what TV it is and I'll tell you if your TV can play it. My guess is the TV cant play what you are recording and thats it.

Thank you so much for spending time to reply in helping me...

Right bit of history, I haven't changed no settings or no TV. The only thing I did was buy new memory card. After that everything works but I just can't get playback on the TV.

The memory card I previously had sandissk extreme 32GB sdhc

The new card. Sandisk extreme pro 64gb sdxc

I am recording in PAL because that standardised in UK.

1080p 50 fps. .mov format

^^ The settings on the old card never had no issues. I have read many places that I can format this card to fat 32?

Would there be any issues in doing this, would I lose quality? The speed p3 writes to the card or the tv reads?

I do not mind limiting the file size I don't want to lose quality or speed.

Last of all. Its a LG 32LE7900

I am using a USB adapter there are no wires One solid piece. adapters coming in to play as well?

The exFat file system on the sdxc is probably not compatible with your particular TV. You should not have any issues running the card on the fat32 file system. sdxc cards running exFat are not backwards compatible with host devices that only take SDHC cards that use fat32.

Last edited:
The exFat file system might not be compatible with your particular TV. You should not have any issues running the card on the fat32 file system. exFat is not backwards compatible with host devices that only take SDHC cards that use fat32.

Sorry I didn't understand the second bit backwards compatible. ? I cannot change back again?

Also will it ruin write/ read speed or quality by converting?

Sorry I didn't understand the second bit backwards compatible. ? I cannot change back again?

Also will it ruin write/ read speed or quality by converting?

it basically how a usb device that is usb 3.0 can be used on a usb port that was designed for 2.0. it might not run at 3.0 speed but is backwards compatible and can still be used on the usb 2.0 port.

the sdxc card has the same hardware interface as the sdhc but cant use all the default features that sdxc uses like exfat. file systems can be changed on a card just by reformatting the card.

you might have a slight drop in read /write speed but it really shouldn't be much of an issue. no loss in quality.

The exFat file system on the sdxc is probably not compatible with your particular TV. You should not have any issues running the card on the fat32 file system. sdxc cards running exFat are not backwards compatible with host devices that only take SDHC cards that use fat32.
I am sorry. Somehow I read that you got a new TV. My bad. I don't know what I read (sometimes I skim [go ahead and joke everyone]) but redonk has hit it on the head.

I will go check the specs of your TV but the variable is the card then the problem is most likely the format that you are in via the card.

When formatting your SanDisk Extreme, did you use the same exact methods as you did with the other? If you have it formatted in a different file format, it might be readable by the computer, the camera (bird) and some other things but you might need a different format (fat32, exfat, etc). I don't even know what the DJI units format to when you use the software in the controller (actually in the phone) but that's what I usually use to clear it.

I happen to have an unopened version of the Sandisk Extreme unopened here and if I need to, I'll open it up to see what the factory formats it at "out of the box".

Also, you mentioned you had 64. I am assuming you were using the 16 or 32 gig Lexar it came with and it might even be something as simple as the size. A lot of things, believe it or not, tap out at 16 or 32 for microHD.

So while your other card was probably FAT32 and SDHC, the 64 is exFAT and XDHC (which is a category under SDHC) not to be confusing.

Anyhow, redonk hit it right on the nose I think. It's probably formatted in exFAT and I am not sure if you can but if you can, format it FAT32 for 64.

Let me know if that helps and if it doesn't, we should try the 32.

We will figure it out. It's simple. For fun, try a different cable if you have one.

I am sorry. Somehow I read that you got a new TV. My bad. I don't know what I read (sometimes I skim [go ahead and joke everyone]) but redonk has hit it on the head.

I will go check the specs of your TV but the variable is the card then the problem is most likely the format that you are in via the card.

When formatting your SanDisk Extreme, did you use the same exact methods as you did with the other? If you have it formatted in a different file format, it might be readable by the computer, the camera (bird) and some other things but you might need a different format (fat32, exfat, etc). I don't even know what the DJI units format to when you use the software in the controller (actually in the phone) but that's what I usually use to clear it.

I happen to have an unopened version of the Sandisk Extreme unopened here and if I need to, I'll open it up to see what the factory formats it at "out of the box".

Also, you mentioned you had 64. I am assuming you were using the 16 or 32 gig Lexar it came with and it might even be something as simple as the size. A lot of things, believe it or not, tap out at 16 or 32 for microHD.

So while your other card was probably FAT32 and SDHC, the 64 is exFAT and XDHC (which is a category under SDHC) not to be confusing.

Anyhow, redonk hit it right on the nose I think. It's probably formatted in exFAT and I am not sure if you can but if you can, format it FAT32 for 64.

Let me know if that helps and if it doesn't, we should try the 32.

We will figure it out. It's simple. For fun, try a different cable if you have one.

Lexar and sandisk extreme come as fat 32

Never had to format either of them.

Yeah this is exactly what I'm reading on the web that sometimes is not possible to format 64 GB cards to fat 32.

Just to make things more complicated I tried it on my mates TV samsung led. Everything worked perfectly fine! That tv was about two years old.

Funny things these little plastic squares! So much complexities. I really like to watch what record directly on my TV. Dont Really mess about with laptops.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4