New Members joining

Reaction score
This I suppose is really to the 'veterans' on here has there been a noticeable big influx of new members leading up to Christmas this year or is it steady new members joining?

I do notice there seems to be loads of members who joined in December 2015

Makes me kinda wonder how many drones are out there?

and do people bump into other drone operators when they go out flying? (on the ground not in the sky, on second thoughts actually do they bump into each other in the sky?)

I read somewhere over the weekend that the FAA claimed > 180,000 people had registered since the requirement went live on 12/21/2015.... I'm sure that's a mix of people who had drones before 12/21 (since we have until 2/19/2016 to be registered) and those that got new drones after 12/21 and are required to register...

I've only encountered one other person flying their drone in the locations that I fly nearby my home so far... but I know of others in my area but just haven't had the chance to hookup.

The other day I was at a new construction site for a huge retirement complex in Ellicott City, MD. Just as I pulled up a guy was prepping a Phantom for takeoff. I stepped out and said, "A Phantom Vision+ pilot, eh?" & watched her lift off gracefully into the sky. :)

I think he was surprised I recognized what model Phantom he had. ;)

Last edited:
The industry anticipated one million drones sold for Christmas. On Dec 26 we received the most unique visitors to this site ever.

C.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31