New Member & Pilot from Wild and Wonderful WV

Reaction score
Hi ya'll! Got a VERY cheap drone for Christmas and was hooked. Decided to order the P3 Standard (which will be here tomorrow). I am brand new to the drone world. So, naturally, I have some questions. Hopefully you guys/gals can assist.

Should I register my drone with the FAA? If so, where do I go to do so?

Are the video recording/photo options all controlled through the DJI App on my phone/tablet?

Any other suggestions for my first flight tomorrow? Do's and don'ts?

Appreciate you all in advance! Happy flying and GO HERD!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Should I register my drone with the FAA? If so, where do I go to do so?
Yes. You should register here.

Are the video recording/photo options all controlled through the DJI App on my phone/tablet?
Yes.

Any other suggestions for my first flight tomorrow?
Download, read, and fully understand the Phantom manual before flying. You can download the Phantom manual from the P3S downloads page.

Welcome to the forum PhantomHerd .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

In addition to the phantom manual, make sure that you read and understand the manual for the app(s) you are using (Go, Litchi, etc.). And always start with a fully charged battery in your bird.

Thanks everyone! Been doing lots of studying. Drone arrived around 9am EST. Unboxed, proper sticker colors applied, battery/rc on charge, drone registered with the FAA. Should be flying by noon! I will let you know how it goes. Not planning on doing much, other than getting acclimated with the rig! Getting excited!

Things went great on my first few flights.Stayed in beginner mode for the most part. Heading to an old strip mine tomorrow so there should be plenty of room to let loose and explore.
What program do you guys use to edit videos? I am definitely hooked now! Thanks for all of the advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20