New Member of the Gunslinger family...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I found this quad body on Thingiverse ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:435484 ) and had it made at ShapeWays... It's about as small a body that will take a Hubsan X4 main board, motors, props and LEDs. The props come about 1/4" or so from touching... The body cost me a total of $15.19 shipped... :D

Nice lightweight frame, with some custom stickers...
ghost06-s.jpg

Side View...
ghost07-s.jpg

A lot of work went into keeping all the wires protected, though it doesn't really look it...
ghost05-s.jpg

Finally got it off the ground...
ghost09-s.jpg

A view showing the thin velcro strap that holds the battery in place, while it's hovering...
ghost10-s.jpg

This things really flies. Very quick, agile, fast and even more stable than a Hubsan X4 H107L... Very kewl little mini quad... :D
It's just over 2 grams lighter than a similarly equipped Hubsan X4 H017L...
-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
dirkclod said:
Well then pass out some cigars bro :D

Hope you don't mind that the cigars are wrapped in that first piece of TP with the adhesive... :D
-slinger

The minis are a lot of fun congratulations :D

750r said:

Thanks... Is that an Estes Proto X???

Yeah... I have a couple of minis... :D About half of these are Frankendrones...
wall05.jpg

This thing was an entire waste of time and money... I've read where it's four axis... I've read where it's six axis. I believe it's four as it's nearly as stable as Lindsay Lohan... I also have a HobbyZone Faze, which I didn't even bother including in this pic. Another piece of poorly designed dreck... Much better off with an Estes Proto X, or if you're lucky enough to be on a continent where you can buy the original Hubsan Q4...
wall04.jpg

gunslinger said:
750r said:

Yes sir guy at a gun show was buzzing it around witch you know pulled me into his booth got some pieces for my AR and he gave me one the controller sucks but I been using the bigger controller put her in manual mode the thing got some zip .

Man you got a big family their my old lady would say you need counseling :lol:
Very addicting hobby

750r said:
gunslinger said:
750r said:

Yes sir guy at a gun show was buzzing it around witch you know pulled me into his booth got some pieces for my AR and he gave me one the controller sucks but I been using the bigger controller put her in manual mode the thing got some zip .

Man you got a big family their my old lady would say you need counseling :lol:
Very addicting hobby

Yeah... I tend to get OCD about stuff. I bought a 300GT VR4 and didn't stop tinkering with it until I had a custom show car. Then I started collecting hand guns. I wound up with over a dozen and still have ten pretty nice ones, though I'm thinking of selling my Colt 1911 Gold Cup National Match and one of my two Beretta 92 stainless pistols... I knew I was in trouble when I put together my fifth Hubsan. :D

I just love tinkering with them. I have one that I installed a set of Chaoli high speed motors I got from a guy in Australia. Pretty zippy. He also sells a model motor of the same size they call "insane speed." They're currently out of stock... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9O3bs ... _yzxdAM5LQ

Slinger,

The voice in the video, is that the voice you hear when you are buying another one? :shock:

IflyinWY said:
Slinger,

The voice in the video, is that the voice you hear when you are buying another one? :shock:

Great... Now it WILL be... :shock: :shock: :shock: ;)

-slinger

Winter kills me every year. I get bored and...

stealth04-s.jpg

stealth03-s.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

-slinger

and...

bluebird05-s.jpg

bluebird04-s.jpg

bluebird02-s.jpg

bluebird03-s.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

-slinger