New member looking for advice please

I agree - depending on someone else to fly your drone (e.g., GPS, controller screens, apps., etc.) is not my suggestion. Keep the drone in your sight and play with directions, banked turns, altitude, etc., BUT keep the bird in your sight - otherwise YOU will never learn to fly solo, but be depending on software and hardware. Yeah, when you get there, OK. BUT, if you are still learning to fly, depend on YOURSELF, not software and apps., and firmware updates.

Reactions: Susruth
Some people buy these things BECAUSE of the "(e.g., GPS, controller screens, apps., etc.)". If you want to fart around with the banked turns and try to impress (???) somebody that's your problem. I think you'd find most people who have lives don't have time for that BS. YMMV

I agree - depending on someone else to fly your drone (e.g., GPS, controller screens, apps., etc.) is not my suggestion. Keep the drone in your sight and play with directions, banked turns, altitude, etc., BUT keep the bird in your sight - otherwise YOU will never learn to fly solo, but be depending on software and hardware. Yeah, when you get there, OK. BUT, if you are still learning to fly, depend on YOURSELF, not software and apps., and firmware updates.
Right Said Fred

Sent from my MI 5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

People
Can do what ever they want and enjoy, some ppl love to do distance, some photography, others like to fly FPV, and some, like myself, change throughout the year and season and via accomplishments.
If someone wants to depend on the technology, who are you or me to say anything, they can fly however they want.

That same person can rely on the technology until they feel more confident, and that's what most beginners do. I will say that no matter how you intend to fly and enjoy your hobby, do a little homework, read the manual, I can't stand YouTube videos of idiots claiming the thing doesn't work, when they haven't even flipped through the manual, let alone top off the battery, two idiots tried to fly it on the way home from store! Holding it all wrong doing the worse calibration you ever say, FFW 10hrs and the morons finally got it in the air, had they did it like humans, a couple hours reading while charging and they'd been in the air flying like pros.
Ive invested more in antenna and equipment then I'd ever thought, but I did get like $600 off total with the battery deal, so it's still affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Geeno and Susruth
People
Can do what ever they want and enjoy, some ppl love to do distance, some photography, others like to fly FPV, and some, like myself, change throughout the year and season and via accomplishments.
If someone wants to depend on the technology, who are you or me to say anything, they can fly however they want.

That same person can rely on the technology until they feel more confident, and that's what most beginners do. I will say that no matter how you intend to fly and enjoy your hobby, do a little homework, read the manual, I can't stand YouTube videos of idiots claiming the thing doesn't work, when they haven't even flipped through the manual, let alone top off the battery, two idiots tried to fly it on the way home from store! Holding it all wrong doing the worse calibration you ever say, FFW 10hrs and the morons finally got it in the air, had they did it like humans, a couple hours reading while charging and they'd been in the air flying like pros.
Ive invested more in antenna and equipment then I'd ever thought, but I did get like $600 off total with the battery deal, so it's still affordable.

Are you referencing the Jon olsson and his camera man regarding the video of the 2 idiots trying to fly it home after purcahse?

Are you referencing the Jon olsson and his camera man regarding the video of the 2 idiots trying to fly it home after purcahse?

I don't think so, the kids in like Netherlands or something? They drove a few miles and pulled over and tried flying it on side of hwy, and even ppl driving by were like "your idiots" and they just couldn't do simple tasks.

Then finally it's now late at night, looks like 7-8hrs passed and they have the manual out now, phones out, beds all messed up, they've been thru hell being made to learn.
I'd read the whole manual out of interest before I even opened my first phantom.

It's amazing these YouTube idiots make so much money and are just dumb beyond reason, all you need is have a face the camera won't puke on, and that's it, you need no smarts, no charisma, no class that's obvious, and integrity was almost gone before, enter $$$ and the Internet? Yeah integrity is gone.

I couldn't disagree with this advice any more. You make flying the bird sound like performing brain surgery. The thing basically flies itself and you are just guiding it.
I have to agree with you. I just started < 1 month ago and it's pretty simple stuff. Take it slow read the FM (FFFFFUUUUULLLL manual), watch the tutorial vids on youtube. Fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj