Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dweezil, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Dweezil

Hello fellow quad pilots. New P2V+ owner here, and I just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking a bunch of stupid questions. :D My name is Roger, I live in the St. Louis, MO area. Since I plan on living until I'm at least 100, I will start by saying that I'm "middle aged". I've flown small RC helis, quads, RC cars, etc. off/on all of my adult life. The P2V+ is the most elaborate (expensive) piece of RC kit I've ever owned. I just received my Phantom on Saturday and already have six (somewhat) successful flights under my belt. I say "somewhat" because -being the n00b that I am- I flew up to a good 350ft or so yesterday evening, and lost contact with the Phantom. Fortunately, it simply returned home...no harm no foul. I will chalk it up to pilot error since I flew it straight up and later realized that my antennae wasn't at an optimal angle to maintain good connection...yes, I was in FCC mode. Anyway, lesson learned. I tell you, there's nothing like losing contact with about $1500 worth of equipment while it's floating 350ft up in the air. Once I was able to regain control and land, I went inside, had a nice drink, and regathered my wits. Phew! At least I know "Return to Home" works!

Anyway, just wanted to say "hello". If there are any fellow pilots in the St. Louis area, let me know.

2. N017RW

Zappa Fan or coincidence?

We have 'Uncle Meat' here too.

3. Dweezil

Zappa fan. I drive a Volt named "ZZAPPA", and I named my phone "Moon Unit". lol I'm a dork.

4. N017RW

5. Windy Pig

Hi Roger,

Nice to meet you, have fun with your P2V+. Look forward to seeing some vids from you.
    There's a great bunch of helpful guys and gals on here and more or less everything you need to know is here somewhere.

All the best,

Steve.