New member gimbal question

Reaction score
First and foremost thanks to all on this board for all the positive and useful information.

What I have: Phantom V1, Liquid Image EGO 727 (not a GoPro).
What I want: to add a gimbal with tilt control for shooting video. Leaning towards a Tarot T-2D

Question: what do I need to connect the Tarot to the Phantom to power the gimbal and provide the tilt control? My controller has the lever on the back.

It will be hard to find a gimbal suitable for that camera. But, I messed around with a Mobius for a while and got it to sit on a Gimbal, elastic bands, balancing etc.

However, I gave in to the Gopro, because most of the gimbals are made for that.

You need to open up the phantom, use the spare power cable there, lead it through the hole of the gear leg and attach a connector that fits the power connector of the gimbal.

Same with the servo wire, you need to connect it to X1 of the naza, enable gimbal control in the software.

Make sure + and - are correct, and the X1 control line is connected to the pitch input of the gimbal.

Mess around in the software until the Gimbal moves to your liking.

Give the cables enough slack so they don't restrict movement of the Gimbal.

Ton4,
Thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned I have access to CAD and CNC equipment so I'm not too worried about fabricating up a camera mount.

Any developments on this, I too have an EGO and just bought a tarot gimbal..easy enough to mount it, but I can't tune it in to work. Having a nightmare trying to tune the PID. I have searched all over but can't find any info about someone who has succeeded. just one guy but he used a different controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1