New Member and near second flyaway

Do you trust your DJI?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Been flying quads for two months. Have a p2 and p3a. Had a flyaway with my p2 and was fixed under warranty. A few flights later was this flight and it it almost went bye bye. makes me nervous to fly them
been a lurker for awhile hope to learn more, check youtube description for more detail.
DJI Phantom 2 version 2
Zenmuse H3-3d gimbal
GoPro Hero 3 black
No Lightbridge/POV Couldnt see the camera view

What started out to be a quick jaunt into the night sky turned into a near loss. I bought this p2 new 2 months ago, had a bunch of good flights then it went haywire and crashed. Dji fixed it under warranty and turn around time was quick and they replaced the damaged battery. I don't know why it malfunctioned or what repair work was done as all I received from dji was the repaired phantom with no paperwork of any kind; go figure. This flight was probably flight six after getting it back and it almost flew away from me for the second time. The monkey business starts at 6:58. My heart was pounding, when it starts drifting away im holding full up on the right stick and it kept cutting out. What do you think happened? Wind was certainly a factor but something else was going on. Makes me nervous to fly this and my p3a. The Feb 19 deadline is fast approaching. Id hate to do personal or property damage due to hardware error. From what I can tell from this p2 and my p3a the technology is not quite there yet. Flights straight up and down shouldn't be difficult.

Last edited:
If you want people to respond, it would be better for you to explain in words what happened.
I tried watching the video but I'm not going to watch a dark sky video for 10 minutes listening to the incessant droning noise and try to guess what's happening.

thats why i said to read the youtube description, didnt want to write it again. thanks for your comment ill copy and paste it

Probably not, mine flew away crashed into a tree and i found it two dyas later. I had the receipt so it was fixed under warranty

Been fluying for about foe years and syartes with a 20 dollar drone. Maybe am lucky but ive never had an incident, (dont get me wrong ive crashed many times its inevitable) but accidents are always my fault

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20