New LIPO charger and ammo can...

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I just finished up building my 2s/3s/4s LIPO battery charging ammo can... I already have a 1s setup that's been working for a year or so and it's worked out well and given me a certain amount of peace of mind. Now that I'm doing 2S and 3S, with 4S on the horizon, I bought a new charger and set it up like this... I pulled almost all of the rubber seal from the lid so that it doesn't become a bomb if something goes wrong. I left one piece on so it still closes tight as it should. The cables are always plugged into the charger. There are female banana connectors inside and the balance boards are double stuck to the sides of the box...

battery-box01s.jpg
battery-box02s.jpg
battery-box03s.jpg
battery-box04s.jpg

Looks good Slinger :)

Lot of work for an old fart like me... But it worked out. I gotta tell you it ain't easy drilling through a govmint ammo can with a cheapo Harbor Freight drill press, crappo drill bits and no lubrication... I feel so much better charging these puppies when they're inside the can. The configuration makes it easy to mix 'em match 'em... My first attempt was good... but not this good... I started in with this upgrade this morning with a couple of things in mind. Burning out a couple of drill bits weren't on the menu...

-slinger

Reactions: dirkclod
Sounds like it's time for some new tools bro :)

Yeah... I need some new drill bits... new wraparound goggles and a Dearth Vader type respirator rig that won' allow me to inhale nasty stuff...

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah... I need some new drill bits... new wraparound goggles and a Dearth Vader type respirator rig that won' allow me to inhale nasty stuff...
I have one of those for those acids I mess with getting the gold but man it's hard for me to be covered like that:eek:
Ya can't do it any other way though . Them fumes will kill ya .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik