New Leaf Accidental Damage Drone Coverage!

You are playing dumb. It does not say loss is covered. Like if it crashes in the drink. Its not the way I would answer a question of some one asked me to my face.

I looked at the stuff you wanted me to. It does not cover the topic. You started the thread and said you called and asked questions.

Did you ask if your covered if you are unable to retrieve the drone? No you didn't. If you did you would have been pleasant enough to tell us that. Especially after I asked.

All home owners policy's are different depending on what state they are in. And call and ask they make changes and additions to them all the time. Like if your property is stolen out of your car. In my state home owners covers that.

When you reply to people like that. Like a d bag. You get responses like this. You said everything's covered no problem in your post. And when asked a specific question you direct some one to read a link you posted.

See you next Tuesday.

-Joe

Yeah so a couple of things:

-The purpose of supplying this information is to provide an option where one does not exist. The Best Buys of the world are not longer providing this protection.
-It clearly outlines that it covers "accidental damage" due to operational or mechanical error, as with any insurance company, that discretion is left to them. There really is no point in us debating this.
-Even if there is denials for instances such as you outlined, the coverage is still significant as it is for 3yrs which is outside of the DJI warranty coverage for other issues.
-It cost $70.....
-Renters/Home owners insurance will not cover you crashing your drone. It will cover the home or person that you crash it into.

Last piece. Nothing about my reply was rude or condescending. I simply advised that the information you were requesting was previously provided. This is how I would expect anyone to respond to me if I was inquiring on information as it gives me the ability to interpret for myself.

Reactions: CafeRacer
You are playing dumb. It does not say loss is covered. Like if it crashes in the drink. Its not the way I would answer a question of some one asked me to my face.

I looked at the stuff you wanted me to. It does not cover the topic. You started the thread and said you called and asked questions.

Did you ask if your covered if you are unable to retrieve the drone? No you didn't. If you did you would have been pleasant enough to tell us that. Especially after I asked.

All home owners policy's are different depending on what state they are in. And call and ask they make changes and additions to them all the time. Like if your property is stolen out of your car. In my state home owners covers that.

When you reply to people like that. Like a d bag. You get responses like this. You said everything's covered no problem in your post. And when asked a specific question you direct some one to read a link you posted.

See you next Tuesday.

-Joe

Joe,

My intent is to simply provide information, not to be a "d bag", so I do apologize. I do not have all of the answers, just passing on what I do know.
I did ask a lot of questions, but did not ask if they cover it crashing into the drink, which is why I suggested taking a look at the link.

It seemed like a better option to me than nothing at all.

Reactions: scottbra9
If they cover lost drones Im all over it (I kind of doubt it, high risk of fraud). If no one has found out Ill look into it when I get my quad.

Thanks JonnyC for exploring this option for us and sharing! Wondering if anyone knows of a verified policy that they have actually made good on that replaced/repaired their drone? If so, please post and share.

Reactions: JonnyC
The warranty specifically says that crashes are NOT covered.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
(A)
Products not originally covered by a manufacturer’s warranty;

G
) Damage from accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, introduction of foreign objects into the

The warranty specifically says that crashes are NOT covered.

It also states:

1. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE IN HANDLING (ADH): Your Covered Product is protected against accidental damage in handling such as drops and liquid spills. ADH only covers operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling and does not include protection against theft, mysterious disappearance, misplacement, viruses, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the Covered Product , cosmetic damage and/or other damage that does not affect the unit functionality, damage caused during shipment between You and Our service providers and any other limitations listed in the \"What is Not Covered\" section of this Agreement . Any resultant damage from this type of treatment is NOT covered by ADH. For the purpose of this Agreement , Accidental Damage is defined as a single, unexpected, sudden and unintentional event and does not include accumulated damage from continual or multiple events. The use of this coverage requires an explanation of where and when the accident occurred as well as a detailed description of the actual event.

I am waiting from a call back from them to clarify.
    My hunch is that lost units are not covered, but damage through an accident during normal use is. The big discretion for them will be what you tell them is the reason you crashed. If trying to see how far out over the ocean your range will go, they will probably decline. If flying in a park with no major obstacles and you accidentally flew it into a tree because you used the wrong stick guidance, I believe that will be covered. That is what the initial representative advised, but I am looking for clarification. Will let you know what they tell me...

It also states:

1. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE IN HANDLING (ADH): Your Covered Product is protected against accidental damage in handling such as drops and liquid spills. ADH only covers operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling and does not include protection against theft, mysterious disappearance, misplacement, viruses, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the Covered Product , cosmetic damage and/or other damage that does not affect the unit functionality, damage caused during shipment between You and Our service providers and any other limitations listed in the \"What is Not Covered\" section of this Agreement . Any resultant damage from this type of treatment is NOT covered by ADH. For the purpose of this Agreement , Accidental Damage is defined as a single, unexpected, sudden and unintentional event and does not include accumulated damage from continual or multiple events. The use of this coverage requires an explanation of where and when the accident occurred as well as a detailed description of the actual event.

I am waiting from a call back from them to clarify.
    My hunch is that lost units are not covered, but damage through an accident during normal use is. The big discretion for them will be what you tell them is the reason you crashed. If trying to see how far out over the ocean your range will go, they will probably decline. If flying in a park with no major obstacles and you accidentally flew it into a tree because you used the wrong stick guidance, I believe that will be covered. That is what the initial representative advised, but I am looking for clarification. Will let you know what they tell me...

Similar to how cell phone insurance use to be (still is...?). Was all dependent upon the information you provided. If you chucked your cell phone into the ocean, you were declined. If it fell out of your pocket while running down the beach, they usually understood and sent a replacement....only one per term however just like this.
Again, just a hunch. Will clarify soon if they call me back.

The big difference in those 2 paragraphs is the use of "accident" and "accidental damage" Those 2 things are totally different in meaning in an insurance policy. Best example I can think of is that an accident is you flew in to the lake. accidental is that you spilled your glass of water on it.

If they put in writing that they would cover it for crashes I'd buy it in a second.

Let us know what they say and if they will put it in writing that a crash is covered. If only verbal, its useless

Similar to how cell phone insurance use to be (still is...?). Was all dependent upon the information you provided. If you chucked your cell phone into the ocean, you were declined. If it fell out of your pocket while running down the beach, they usually understood and sent a replacement....only one per term however just like this.
Again, just a hunch. Will clarify soon if they call me back.

Hey Jonny. Any updates on that callback by any chance?
Thanks!

Just post your credit card number and social and I'll have someone look into all this nonsense for you ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj