New Leaf Accidental Damage Drone Coverage!

Reaction score
Hello all!

New to the forum. Purchased a P3S this morning after the price drop.
Just thought I would share the unbelievable coverage being provided by New Leaf right now.
For $68 I got 3yr coverage including accidental damage. Went through a ton of questions with them and they confirmed even if user error, the unit is covered. Replacement can only occur once in the lifetime of the coverage, but for $68...done!

Side note - best buy is no longer offering protection plans for drones. Also looks like many others are beginning to do the same, so jump on this immediately if you have just recently or are planning to purchase!

New Leaf PLUS 3yr Drone Warranty

That link is only for 500 dollar/. They do have 1000 and 1500. It is also worth noting this must be be purchased within 15 days of when you purchased your drone.

Yep. As noted, the P3S price drop puts it at $499, which is why i provided that link.
Several options for increased coverage.

What I thought was great, was that I could purchase the drone through best buy since it was in stock, then purchase this coverage elsewhere and they are fine with it as long as you initiate the coverage within 15 days of drone purchase. Provides flexibility that you would not normally get from a best buy/geek squad type of retailer

I am contemplating purchase but it is 250 for p3p and for most catastrophes repair should not cost much more than this via Dji or local authorized repair center.

As with any insurrance, it is just piece of mind if you do have a larger catastrophe.
Keep in mind this is for 3yrs and covers accidental damage. If I just purchased a Pro, this would be a no brainer based on overall value alone.

Not a bad deal, I ordered a P3S from Adorama and am still waiting on it. Did they mention any kind of deductible?

And I suspect that we will continue to see protection coverage for drones either go away, or become significantly more expensive when you consider the volume of typical buyers out there now with no flying experience and/or urge to research/learn how to fly. User error/accidental damage will only increase in volume. Hence BB removing theirs.

Thanks for the reply JonnC. I just purchased the two year for 109.95. I normally don't buy extended warranties, since I am knew to this I figured it could not hurt and the price is better than all the other places that I checked.

Reactions: JonnyC
That link is only for 500 dollar/. They do have 1000 and 1500. It is also worth noting this must be be purchased within 15 days of when you purchased your drone.

Is a protection plan necessary for a drone like the standard, or is it easily repairable for someone handy in electronics?

Is a protection plan necessary for a drone like the standard, or is it easily repairable for someone handy in electronics?

For many accidents the costs of the parts would exceed the cost of the entire unit at 499.99 like it is right now.

For many accidents the costs of the parts would exceed the cost of the entire unit at 499.99 like it is right now.

Is there a protection plan I can still purchase? I purchased my standard in November.

There are. But these plans are slanted to commercial use. They are offering coverage for "civil" drones as well. Its expensive, loaded with questions. Questions that will most likely be used to deny coverage. This is just me. Most electronics insurances is iffy. Phone insurance is the same. And usually its not an actual replacement, its a REFURB! Renters or home owners a better chance to casually cover true "accidental loss" and not require much more then the policy deductible.

I guess for us we can get insurance, but it will always be iffy. Best buy probably dumped their plans because they got sick of honoring it. They wont cover keyboards either. lol.

Is there a protection plan I can still purchase? I purchased my standard in November.

No different than any other technological device that you are spending over $500 on. Is $70 worth being able to replace it if it breaks.

And conferring the rate at which a drone "breaks"...especially an entry level one. It's a no brainer in my opinion. Piece of mind.

Is the drone covered if its "lost" and you cannot recover it? What if it goes down and you can't find it or its at the bottom of the drink?

No different than any other technological device that you are spending over $500 on. Is $70 worth being able to replace it if it breaks.

And conferring the rate at which a drone "breaks"...especially an entry level one. It's a no brainer in my opinion. Piece of mind.

So I clicked the link. And read the fine print. For those that want to know. I cannot find the issue I raised answered.

The policy does state failure must occurs during normal use. It appears the policy is written for computers not drones.

Be careful before you give your money to these people. I suspect you will have a thought time finding coverage when you dump your drone. They will attribute the denials based on whether or not it's normal use all day.

I suggest looking into home owners or renters. Most will let you ad stuff to the policy and will cover loss.

Jonnyc. If you read otherwise somewhere in the fine print that loss is covered when you can't recover the drone please say so.

Fyi your response was flattering. It's probably not the way you would talk to some on you sat next to at a bar.

Link provided in original post. Terms and Conditions in link. :)

So I clicked the link. And read the fine print. For those that want to know. I cannot find the issue I raised answered.

The policy does state failure must occurs during normal use. It appears the policy is written for computers not drones.

Be careful before you give your money to these people. I suspect you will have a thought time finding coverage when you dump your drone. They will attribute the denials based on whether or not it's normal use all day.

I suggest looking into home owners or renters. Most will let you ad stuff to the policy and will cover loss.

Jonnyc. If you read otherwise somewhere in the fine print that loss is covered when you can't recover the drone please say so.

Fyi your response was flattering. It's probably not the way you would talk to some on you sat next to at a bar.

Yeah so a couple of things:

-The purpose of supplying this information is to provide an option where one does not exist. The Best Buys of the world are not longer providing this protection.
-It clearly outlines that it covers "accidental damage" due to operational or mechanical error, as with any insurance company, that discretion is left to them. There really is no point in us debating this.
-Even if there is denials for instances such as you outlined, the coverage is still significant as it is for 3yrs which is outside of the DJI warranty coverage for other issues.
-It cost $70.....
-Renters/Home owners insurance will not cover you crashing your drone. It will cover the home or person that you crash it into.

Last piece. Nothing about my reply was rude or condescending. I simply advised that the information you were requesting was previously provided. This is how I would expect anyone to respond to me if I was inquiring on information as it gives me the ability to interpret for myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav