new landing legs

Same here. Assemble the little aluminium blocks with the screws immediately after applying the CA. Do this as the first step in the assembly process. I made the mistake of leaving this to the last and the junctions are not "true" 90 degree angles. Makes no real difference but just looks a lot neater.

If you fly with the two batteries, remember you are tossing a lot of added weight around and directional changes will have a lot of inertia. Rapid power reductions will surprise you. Your baby will fall like a rock :D

One more thing. If you fly in the weeds like our field has, lift straight up a couple of inches before transitioning to forward. It's easy to snag those nice neat little skids and dump your bird on it's nose. I did that with a brand new set of balanced tri-blades and broke the forward props.

Standard gear is only half that. Great looking and very functional. Wish I had something like that....IF.....it did not cost me about a MINUTE of flight time EACH AND EVERY FLIGHT!!! Doesn't matter whether one or two batteries....an extra 60 gms weight STILL equals a minute o flight time.

I notice in the video no gimbal and other stuff. Great gear maybe up and until one wants the full package....gimbal, GPH3, FPV transmitter, etc.. All those things are going to suck 3-4 minutes off naked flight times. Different props can help...a little. But a lost minute for different LANDNG GEAR?? Not for me. I can go to sticks and get BACK 15 seconds.

Peter Patricelli said:
Standard gear is only half that. Great looking and very functional. Wish I had something like that....IF.....it did not cost me about a MINUTE of flight time EACH AND EVERY FLIGHT!!! Doesn't matter whether one or two batteries....an extra 60 gms weight STILL equals a minute o flight time.
thanks for the response, these small values we must weigh in everything we do to these guys, until we gain more air time via better batteries or engines, there will always be trade offs. I for one am not concerned that much air time as much as floating on the water with the addition of foam tubes I will add also, I love the wide spread of the legs, guess I just need to bring along a bunch of batteries.

For what it may be worth, power devices run by electricity or compressed air are MOTORS. Power devices run by fuel, and usually reciprocating are ENGINES. The company from which I recently retired, designed and manufactured brushless DC motors similar to those found in the Phantom, however our motors depending on the model, produced from 1 hp up to 10 hp

fizzviic said:
For what it may be worth, power devices run by electricity or compressed air are MOTORS. Power devices run by fuel, and usually reciprocating are ENGINES. The company from which I recently retired, designed and manufactured brushless DC motors similar to those found in the Phantom, however our motors depending on the model, produced from 1 hp up to 10 hp
correct and not so correct, being from the automotive trade for 48 years, many a mechanical directives are referred to as car engines as motors, in the auto trade, repair manuals for autos by Motors Manuals, General Motors, British Motor Cars, name carried over to Autos, just a name today that carries in both directions. The locomotive Steam Engine now converted to Diesel/Electric, so can we call the driver Motorineer or keep it Engineer?, Motors/Engines who cares today. :roll:

Oh.... how did Detroit get it's name as "Motor City" ...............thanks for the way back button :D

justsomeguy said:
fizzviic said:

ped·ant
ˈpednt/
noun
noun: pedant; plural noun: pedants
a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning

My quarts of motor oil are laughing...

POSM (Pilot acronym)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav