New landing-gear rubbers on New Phantom 4?

What kind of landing-gear rubber you have on your P4 ?

• No gimbal guard markings

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have gimbal guard markings

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Today I bought my second Phantom 4 and realized that new one has a slightly different landing gear rubbers. New one has markings to help attaching gimbal guard. I'm not sure if that means anything but I think this must be a new batch ...

Is there anyone has any idea ?

phantom-4-new-landing-gear-rubbers-jpg.54189

Thank you!

Attachments

• phantom 4 new landing gear rubbers.jpg
    phantom 4 new landing gear rubbers.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,471
Maybe the reason the gimbal is always un-level is due to putting the gimbal guard on wrong or not in exact spot. This may help or they just added it so they can cover their butts when someone says the gimbal guard is messing stuff up.

Reactions: maseman88
Mine has those markings too and I ordered my Phantom within minutes of them being released in DJI's store. Other people who ordered the same day as me had no markings. I'm not sure why.

no markings here... picked up day of release. my bet is, when putting the guard back on you have to have it in the right place or it will not drop down into the cut outs in the foam case. you slide the guard forward or backwards slightly and it drops right down.

Reactions: Mark C.
Bought mine from Apple maybe a week or two after launch. It had stickers on all sensors and on the top of Dji emblem, it had just a single line in rubber not double. Had to exchange it next day, every video had a black dot in it and would only show when video was panning. When I exchanged it, the new one had no stickers on anything (except the camera) and no lines in rubber. I thought I received a return but didn't. I had to make a new name and all that on startup. I can't complain though, I have had no problems with the second unit but very weird on the rubber and stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got markings and no stickers when got it from Apple. This is the second one and replaced it.
The first P4 the rubbers were different colors and texture but still markings.

There are likely several factories making the assembly parts for these so it is very likely to find some inconsistencies.

Mine were different also...first one had the indents..second and third did not...fourth did...hmmmm...so the ones from apple did not have them...Best buy ones did...and the worked the best...

Hi all ,

Today I bought my second Phantom 4 and realized that new one has a slightly different landing gear rubbers. New one has markings to help attaching gimbal guard. I'm not sure if that means anything but I think this must be a new batch ...

Is there anyone has any idea ?

phantom-4-new-landing-gear-rubbers-jpg.54189

Thank you!
Just got my new P4 yesterday and I have no markings on my rubber. Guess I got the old stock off the shelf but at least I got the P4. Love flying this thing, I have the P3 and P4 and both are great to fly!

I ordered first day from DJI directly and have the markings. The markings are also referenced in the manual - noting that their purpose is to prevent misalignment pressure on the gimbal.

At 3:38 into this video released May 27th, Ken talks about the grooves in the landing gear. I assumed it was a new feature, also.

Mine has those markings too and I ordered my Phantom within minutes of them being released in DJI's store. Other people who ordered the same day as me had no markings. I'm not sure why.
Same here. Mine has it and I preordered. I even have the battery with dimmed leds.

May I ask what the dimmed LEDs look like?
Sure, it's almost the same, just a little less bright than the later batchs of batteries. Jussaguy made a video comparing them a while ago and I think he concluded the leds were the same but the clear diffuser in one type is more dense than the ones in the brighter leds.
Batteries are exact same in my opinion.

Sure, it's almost the same, just a little less bright than the later batchs of batteries. Jussaguy made a video comparing them a while ago and I think he concluded the leds were the same but the clear diffuser in one type is more dense than the ones in the brighter leds.
Batteries are exact same in my opinion.
Oh ok! I thought it was the software instead of the hardware that was different. Thanks!

From what I have been reading, it seems like the Phantom 4 batches have been very inconsistent. My Phantom seems to have everything mentioned, but I'm going to take a look now.

My P4 did not have stickers on the sensors and does not have the lines at all, purchased from Apple 1 week after it arrived in store. I'll be honest, I'm glad I got this one because I have never had any problems with it at all...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik