New JELLO-FREE PROPS from DJI!

Reaction score
...turns out they are the exact same white 8045 props as always... you just get 8 instead of 6 with a new Phantom.

I took a couple of them and tried them out on my balancer today, one end drops like a rock! Maybe Colin was referring to the BLACK replacements... they seem to be much much closer to balance than these same old white ones.

Adam said:
According to who?

According to me. I put all black ones on the new bird. Took no time at all to get 'em balanced, a couple out of the four were almost perfect when I started. They are more stiff than the white ones too, so they seem to be smoother on turns and things that put stress on them. Of course, I can't wait to get my carbon blades in the next few days. Those ought to be really good.

Sac D said:
...turns out they are the exact same white 8045 props as always... you just get 8 instead of 6 with a new Phantom.

I took a couple of them and tried them out on my balancer today, one end drops like a rock! Maybe Colin was referring to the BLACK replacements... they seem to be much much closer to balance than these same old white ones.

If the props you got were out of balance, definitely sounds like they're merely shipping the same props they always did,.and the new ones are still on the way.

apparently the newer 10" props are being labeled as 1038.
so perhaps the new 8" props will be labeled 8038?

I agree with Gizmo, when the new and improved 10" DJI prop came out, it had a new part number.

I could be wrong.

Well these are definitely the same old props. Maybe they are putting an extra pair in every box in order to clear out (get rid of) their inventory of them. I'm pretty sure the motors are the same too, just without the labels. Whoever had the job of labeling motors in the factory has been given other duties, like maybe uh, Quality Control. LOL

I like the stock black props,they are a bit tougher than the white ones and they have a better memory.
I have bent a white prop to or beyond 90 degrees and straitened it out but it still has a major deformity where the bend was.
I bent a black prop to or beyond 90 degrees and straitened it out and threw it in the box and forgot it for 24 hours.When I took that set of props out of the box I could not tell which prop had been bent.No sign of deformity at all.I have since checked all black props for balance and all are good and in use none show any sign of vibration.

I also find the black ones are easier to balance as they always seem closer to balanced to begin with.Curiously I find the white ones are all heavier on the blade with the DJI symbol.

Sac D said:

Do you have a link to these black replacements? Per your topic.

Odd that there's still no word of the jello-free props, if they ever even existed.

I prefer the APC props, 8x3.8 slow fly, they barely needed any balancing. (tho did need to be reamed out to fit the DJI shaft)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl