New IPads on Friday

Reaction score
Apple is releasing a new 9.7" iPad on Friday starting at $329 for wifi and $459 for wifi+cellular

3d18087f1f38a760a9c42033bd8cd09d.jpg

64f4fe6b5deb7f4e30c5f1cdb19e3ebf.jpg

It has A9 chip with high resolution retina screen same as IPAD Pro. Worth investigating.

That is dirt cheap. What is the catch? Is it using older hardware?
Have a quick look on the Apple website for differences. Same screen as Pro (resolution) without the wide colour Gamat and anti glare coating. Has earlier generation processor. Won't work with keyboard and Apple Pencil. This is good business by Apple. A cheaper tablet to get closer to the competition in the lower spec market.

That is dirt cheap. What is the catch? Is it using older hardware?

Nope all new hardware just released today. Should be available for preorder on Friday.

I just got my iPad mini 4 so I'm a little torn if I should just upgrade to this or not... but I think I'm going to. Extra screen space never hurt anyone

Nope all new hardware just released today. Should be available for preorder on Friday.

I just got my iPad mini 4 so I'm a little torn if I should just upgrade to this or not... but I think I'm going to. Extra screen space never hurt anyone
The question was if it uses older hardware, if you take older to mean something other than the latest gen SoC then the answer is yes....

It has A9 chip with high resolution retina screen same as IPAD Pro. Worth investigating.
The iPad Pro uses an A9X chip. The A9 is a bit slower than the A9X.

Apple.jpg

It will also be a little heavier and thicker than the Air-2, but a newer faster/processor and a great price, $70 cheaper than the Air-2 was

Anyone have any tips on getting a cheap compatible iOS device? Even iPad mini 2s are still like $200+. I keep thinking new releases will cheapen existing stock, but that does not appear to be the case with Apple products!

Anyone have any tips on getting a cheap compatible iOS device?
Buy a used/reburished device. You can find them on eBay, Amazon, or buy them directly from Apple. All of the Apple devices listed here are compatible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj