New iPad or antenna mod? P4P

Reaction score
Ok, just looking for a little advice. Have a P4P, starting to fly more client missions, which is great but the image transmission quality has not been good at all after about five minutes of flying, getting the green bars and image cut-outs frequently. I'm using an iPad mini 2, and it's running very hot especially during the warm day.

Was planning on upgrading to a iPad mini 4 as it has the better processor and more RAM, sounds like there's a pretty good consensus that the mini 4 is one of the best tablet options out there right now. Best buy has them for $299 right now.

However I started looking into the antenna mods offered by droneworld.com
Drone World

Also is $299. What solution would you try first, new iPad or new antenna mod? Thanks

I think your tablet is the weak link. Try a mini 4 or an iPad Pro. (The mini 3 and mini 4 have the same processor, but the screen is less reflective on the 4.)

Thanks Bob, Yeah, I think I'll go the route of a new tablet. MicroCenter has the 2017 iPad for only $299 right now, same price as the Mini 4 but better chipset and processing power...hopefully that will cancel any transmission errors.

If that's the new iPad that isn't the pro variant it won't have the anti reflective screen that the iPad Pro and iPad mini 4 have. Not sure how bad the reflection is compared to those but thought you should know.

yeah, i've heard the reflection is pretty brutal, planning on getting an anti-glare screen protector, which should help

Took the plunge and got the 2017 iPad, the difference in transmission quality was night and day, flying is fun again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20